Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 major and minor...

RowdyOne

I am investigating for future reference. I am thinking of shooting my stock G35 in Production/SSP and limited/L10. I have Solo1000(the slow lot,1930) and titegroup. I am looking for ideas on loads for both PFs. I am fine with getting a different powder if neither is a good choice. I am just looking to consolidate my reloading purchases a little, so I would like to use the same bullet for both. I realize 40 is slightly more expensive than the 9mm I currently reload for, but if I can use the 40 in all aspects I feel the cost difference is negligible.

Thanks!

-Dennis

I am investigating for future reference. I am thinking of shooting my stock G35 in Production/SSP and limited/L10. I have Solo1000(the slow lot,1930) and titegroup. I am looking for ideas on loads for both PFs. I am fine with getting a different powder if neither is a good choice. I am just looking to consolidate my reloading purchases a little, so I would like to use the same bullet for both. I realize 40 is slightly more expensive than the 9mm I currently reload for, but if I can use the 40 in all aspects I feel the cost difference is negligible.

Thanks!

-Dennis

4.5 gr of titegroup under plated 180 gr bullets at 1.130 nominal OAL makes major in both my 5" 1911s. I don't remember what I was using for minor, but the powder worked fine, I just preferred 165gr bullets for making minor.

I have been using Solo 1K with 180gr Bear Creek molys with good luck. I use 4.6 for major and 3.2 for minor both out of a G35 with Lone Wolf barrel. With plated or jacketed you may have to raise that a little. Also my lot # is 1877 so I don't know how that compares to yours.

I use Clays for major and minor in .40. I use it for .45 acp also.

You use Clays for major, in a GLOCK?? :surprise:

I run 4.2 grains of Titegroup behind a Zero 180 jhp, for major, and 3.2 for minor. :cheers:

I run 4.2 grains of Titegroup behind a Zero 180 jhp, for major, and 3.2 for minor. :cheers:

what OAL?

im assuming a g35? stock barrel?

Edited by razerok1

what OAL?

Yes, they were for a stock, 35 barrel. I don't remember off the top of my head what OAL they were, I'll have to find some and measure them for you.

what OAL?

Yes, they were for a stock, 35 barrel. I don't remember off the top of my head what OAL they were, I'll have to find some and measure them for you.

1.13OAL

what OAL?

1.13OAL

thanks you sir :cheers:

Recent chrono data from my XDM .40

4.0gr Clays Precision 185 1.130ish OAL

10 rounds fired with the following velocities: 928, 938, 921, 919, 919, 914, 922, 919, 925, 897 (Standard Deviation = 10)

I prefer Solo 1000 for minor loads, but unfortunatelly, my data is useless for an auto pistol.. I load very long (1.260") for a 610 Revo with 185 gr Cast LRN's.. 3.5 gr gives me a nice mild 140ish PF.. if I go any lower with these cast bullets, they tumble due to instability..

I'm working on the same type loads for my G35 right now, for the same reasons (to shoot prod and L10)

Using N320 and MG bullets, 180 and 155s. Loading them to 1.125.

Even at 142pf, with the 155s, it was soft, and rifle accurate. I'm going to get that down to 133'ish and see what's up.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using Solo 1K with 180gr Bear Creek molys with good luck. I use 4.6 for major and 3.2 for minor both out of a G35 with Lone Wolf barrel. With plated or jacketed you may have to raise that a little. Also my lot # is 1877 so I don't know how that compares to yours.

Justforfun, can you share OAL and recoil spring weight for this load? I am running 3.2 Solo 1k with 180gr Billy Bullets (G35)and a stock barrel. I am getting close to my match load, but my ejection pattern is slightly week and straight up and sometimes landing on the barrel and sometimes on my hat.... :surprise: Feels real nice but I will probably go with 3.3 for this weekends match. Thanks for any thoughts