Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C More Windage Adjustment

tomneal

After at least 4 years of shooting I discovered my Windage was out of adjustment.

I was shooting at 20 yard steel and I had to shoot to the left to hit.

I finished that match but when I went to the range to adjust it, I became confused.

On the right side of the sight, there is a Allen screw holding down a slot head screw. After much trial and error, I got the windage nearly reset. Then much to my dismay I made one last adjustment and felt the screw head on the left side of the sight turn.

On the left side of the sight there is a slot head screw with a tiny philips head in the middle.

So my "dumb" question is:

Which set of screws do I use to set windage?

and

So....

Would you expect the screw on the left to turn

as you turned the screw on the right????

As viewed from the back.

Right screw has an alan screw locking it down from the side.

Left screw has a philips head screw in the center.

See you at the range.

Tom Neal

Dunno.. I've never noticed it moving, but I usually adjust with it lying on the bench. FWIW, TJ said he never tightens the lockdown screws since that can change the adjustments as well.

I'm not one to argue with TJ on whether to tighten the set screws or not, but I'm personally more concerned....if the set screws are not tight, that they might move over time due to recoil. If you practice a lot and can regularly check the zero, then not tightening the set screws might be the way to go. If you do tighten the set screws....a word of advice....don't overtighten them. You can break the housing body and then they won't tighten up at all. I had to send a sight back to C-More for a rebody for that reason recently.

I wonder if I have broken the body as well.

It was kind of weird.

I was off to the left.

I moved it a quarter turn.

I was about half way to where I wanted to be.

I moved it another quarter turn and I was way off to the wrong side.

It took a series of extremely small moves to get it just right.

Then I felt the back side moving and...

Here I am asking c-more questions.

See you at the range

Tom Neal

Tom,

The screw on the left is supposed to move. There is a little slop in the adjustment screws (actually correct term is backlash) kind of like the leadscrew in a lathe or mill. If you are adjusting one way and over shoot and then have to turn back you will have to turn quite a bit until the sight starts to move. I usually back the elevation lock screw all the way out and coat with blue locktite then tighten it down after making the adjustments, the windage lock screw usually does not come loose. . Make sure you check zero again after you tighten the lock screws down because the zero can move. If it does you have to loosen the set screws and re-zero. Also be sure to loosen both set screws before making any adjustments. Also check all scopemount screws to be sure they are tight before you begin adjusting.

All kidding aside,

I am really delighted with my c-more.

I think Bob Londrigan may have adjusted the windage for me before he delivered my gun. And, I only adjusted the up / down.

That was four and a half years ago.

I would have gotten an answer from c-more but I called after the tech support guy left.

See you at the range,

Tom Neal

The OFFICAL USPSA range commands are:

Load and Make Ready

Are you Ready?

Standby

If you are finished, Unload and Show Clear

Gun Clear, Hammer Down, Holster

Range is Clear

What TJ told me was not to loosen the windage lock screw to make adjustments. His statement was that it requires very little movement to adjust the sight and loosening and tightening the lock screw can cause a shift in zero (besides possibly cracking the body if over tightened). He just keeps the lock screw "snug" and adjusts the windage without loosening the lock.

Leo

By the way.

Did I mention that the gun was built by Bob Londrigan

In the 17 to 20 thousand rounds it's only had a handful of failures.

(I don't practice, I just shoot local matches.)

None of the failures was a gun problem.

My daughter was able to limp-wrist it into a stove pipe.

I changed the mag spring in "the big stick" to the wrong size and it became unreliable until I installed the correct one at Bob's suggestion.

A few "ammo" problems.

And once I let the bottom of the scope mount get so dirty that it caused Joey some jams at a match in San Antonio.

Bob once told me that if I ever had a problem to let him know but if I really liked the gun don't tell him, tell everyone.

Sorry Bob. I haven't mentioned it to everyone recently but, after all this time, I am still delighted with the gun consider it money well spent.

You can still hear the quality of the gun. I am not talking about when you fire it.

I am talking about, when the gun goes into battery, it makes a thunk that sounds as good as closing the door on a new car. And, I love the way magazines just glide into the mag well with no restance until the instant that it clicks. Then it seems rock solid.

See you at the range,

Tom Neal

The OFFICAL USPSA range commands are:

Load and Make Ready

Are you Ready?

Standby

If you are finished, Unload and Show Clear

Gun Clear, Hammer Down, Holster

Range is Clear