Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on sights

Robert King

I have a Glock 35 Gen 3 and want to replace the sights. I was thinking of an adjustable rear with a fiber optic front. I don't really like the fiber rears sights. There are a lot of sizes when I look at them and not really sure what difference the sizes make. Is there a "standard or normal" size I should be looking for and what brands/models would make a good combo for an adjustable rear and red fiber front? I have read a lot of posts in a search and still not real clear.

Dawson adjustable target rear and .300 tall fiber optic front. Best in class. IMO.

CPWSA in the vendor tent sells them and offers fast installation in case you need it.

I love the .100 wide front. Here a illustration from Dawson http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000C99-1278686009

(you can buy from them direct too.)

Edited by Jman

Dawson adjustable target rear and .300 tall fiber optic front. Best in class. IMO.

CPWSA in the vendor tent sells them and offers fast installation in case you need it.

I love the .100 wide front. Here a illustration from Dawson http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000C99-1278686009

(you can buy from them direct too.)

I ordered this exact setup a month ago and the rear sight is on back order. Can't wait till they come in.

Do you know when they are supposed to be in, ordered a adjustable yesterday and she didn't say they were on back order. Card hasn't been charged yet so it appears they are on back order.

smile.gif

...or I could be wrong.

NO you are definitely right....DO IT :cheers:

Yep, this is what I prefer as well. Just too cheap to swap some of my "I'll try this" set-ups over to the right ones!

Edited by MarkCO

FWIW - I recently received a RTF2 G17 from my funny little honey as an anniversary present. Beautiful and functional fish gills and all. :P

Well, while waiting for the new Trij HD sight sets to hit my store, I cobbled together a set from spare parts and hit gold. A Warren Sevigny black rear combined with a XS BD front. Turns out using the BD as a front post in a conventional manner was spot on. The BD fit in the rear notch with just a sliver of space around it in the view. It shoots like a house a fire. Over several weeks I've managed one PR after another with precision groups at 15 and 25 yds. This was stunning to me as I'd long ago abandoned these Big Dots and their shallow V rears.

FWIW - YMMV.

Do you know when they are supposed to be in, ordered a adjustable yesterday and she didn't say they were on back order. Card hasn't been charged yet so it appears they are on back order.

I called Dawson today and the adjustable rear sights are still on back order. I've been waiting since January 31st so I made a snap decision and canceled my order. I then placed an order for a Warren Tactical rear and a fiber optic .215 Dawson front. This setup was in stock and will ship tomorrow.