Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 TN SECTIONALS

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind. I did the math and even if it does count, I'll still be in B class.

.....just give Bryant a call and he can fix that problem for you. Or you can temporarily move to TN and I will handle it. :devil:

Not to name any names, but I think B class means something different in TN than it does other places!

BB

Match postscript - I rarely stay in a match hotel that distinguishes itself one way or the other in supporting the match. A few dollars off the going rate is usually the only thing that makes a match hotel different from another hotel in the same town. But the folks in Dickson made it a point to call my room when Dundee showed up for registration, they asked me how the match was going, and I got both a phone call and an e-mail after the match to ask whether I was satisfied with my experience at the hotel.

I'm not sure whether the manager is a shooter, or if they're just always that friendly, but it was a good choice.

PS #2: Lugo's was even better than I remembered. Best place to eat in Dickson, IMHO.

BB

Barry, was this the Holiday Inn? I am asking because we had a second hotel, Comfort Inn, that provided some rooms at a discounted rate.

Holiday Inn Express. Good folks, and I got points to boot.

i'm going to have to look up lugo's next year. the match hotel was great. can't beat the free hot cookies at 5pm. igrabbed a stack at 5:01 and sat outside on the bench being a fatass. gotta love it. :cheers:

Is this when you got stuck in the armless chair?

i'm going to have to look up lugo's next year. the match hotel was great. can't beat the free hot cookies at 5pm. igrabbed a stack at 5:01 and sat outside on the bench being a fatass. gotta love it. :cheers:

No, this is when I got stuck on a picnic bench with no back :roflol:

No, this is when I got stuck on a picnic bench with no back :roflol:

That takes talent when you can use a picnic bench as butt floss.

Nevermind. I did the math and even if it does count, I'll still be in B class.

.....just give Bryant a call and he can fix that problem for you. Or you can temporarily move to TN and I will handle it. :devil:

Not to name any names, but I think B class means something different in TN than it does other places!

BB

Haha was that directed at me?

Edited by Will_M

Match postscript - I rarely stay in a match hotel that distinguishes itself one way or the other in supporting the match. A few dollars off the going rate is usually the only thing that makes a match hotel different from another hotel in the same town. But the folks in Dickson made it a point to call my room when Dundee showed up for registration, they asked me how the match was going, and I got both a phone call and an e-mail after the match to ask whether I was satisfied with my experience at the hotel.

I'm not sure whether the manager is a shooter, or if they're just always that friendly, but it was a good choice.

PS #2: Lugo's was even better than I remembered. Best place to eat in Dickson, IMHO.

BB

Barry, was this the Holiday Inn? I am asking because we had a second hotel, Comfort Inn, that provided some rooms at a discounted rate.

I would like to add Kudos to the Comfort Inn.

I stayed there Friday night and had reservations for Saturday night as well.

When I got hurt and had to return home, I limped into the hotel to check out around 4:00pm.

It was 5 hours beyond check out time.

I explained that I was injured at the match and had to leave.

They didn't have to refund my money but they did (without being asked).

I was very surprised and asked the lady why she had done that when she didn't have to.

She said, "The maids are still here, besides...... its the right thing to do".

Uncommon Decency.

Tls

When I got hurt and had to return home, I limped into the hotel to check out around 4:00pm.

I was very surprised and asked the lady why she had done that when she didn't have to.

Uncommon Decency.

Tls

That was awesome of them. Hope you heal up soon.

BB

Uncommon Decency.

Tls

When I got hurt and had to return home

Hey 38superman, how, and where did you get hurt, I thought i was the only one to limp through. T.F.

Stage 5.

Start position was on a platform with a pvc pipe in the strong hand.

When the buzzer went off I lunged forward and something popped in the back of my leg when I hit the ground.

I tried to finish the stage but I couldn't push off on it.

Here's what it looked like last Friday.

post-6467-0-45439700-1314148489_thumb.jp

Looks worse today, the whole back of my leg is purple.

It looks like I was beaten with a baseball bat.

This seems to be a common injury in this sport.

I know at least two other people that have done the same thing.

I did it to the other leg a few years ago at the Florida Open.

Tls

Edited by 38superman