Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bench height for the Dillon 650

Are you going to use the 650 Strong Mount? My bench is 42" high and I don't use the strong mount-perfect height for me-YMMV. I'm not sure how it would work with the strong mount but am sure one of the members will have the formula. PS: I stand to reload (5'10")

Edited by The_Vigilante

My table is 40" high, (I have a 550) and I do not have the strong mount. But I use a 30" bar stool to sit on when I reload. All the other

work I do I stand on a soft mat my wife bought for me, and I am 5' 10". My table top is maple laminated 8' x 3' x 2" with 4x4 legs, and to

really make it steady take a piece of angle and on each end fasten it to the wall. If you have an electronic scale you don't want any movement.

Hope this helps.

This is interesting. It appears that we all have our own idea of how high the bench should be. Mine is a 36" bench with intermediate elevator blocks I made from Trex decking. It allows me at this height to stand and load. Lower and I'd have to sit, losing a lot of mobility. I like standing. I have an adjustable draftsman's stool I can use. but have found standing is better for me. The correct height is a full stroke down with your arm nt dipping your body to complete the stroke. Arm Only. I am about 6-1+ and have slightly longer arms than most so what works for me might not be comfortable for you.

Standing you want it at about 47" to get the handle at the right height (same as your shoulder). Sitting on a stool around 42-45" is about right.

I don't recommend sitting. I did that and it's not that great IMHO now that I have been loading standing. Standing is the best in my experiance.

Additional information that I neglected to reveal. I am 5-10" tall and will be using a Strong Mount and a stool. The current bench that I was using was 36" tall and is way too short.

I have not purchased the stool yet. If you can also give me the approximate stool height that would also be great!!!

Thanks Gentlemen, I really appreciate the help. I want to do this once and do it right the first time.

Additional information that I neglected to reveal. I am 5-10" tall and will be using a Strong Mount and a stool. The current bench that I was using was 36" tall and is way too short.

I have not purchased the stool yet. If you can also give me the approximate stool height that would also be great!!!

Thanks Gentlemen, I really appreciate the help. I want to do this once and do it right the first time.

Approximately, you want the handle to be even with your shoulder in the "up" position, with your mount type in place. I would have thought your 36" would have been about right. Without a strong mount, it would be way too short, though.