Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any benefit in lihtening a G34 Slide?

match308

I have a G34 and its recoil is a bit more severe than my G17 resulting in higher times with follow-up shots. Contemplating having the slide lightened. Is there any benefit to this or am I just wasting $? Thanks for any advice.

Edited by match308

IMHO the more we make a Glock not a Glock is indeed, money down the drain.

I have many worn out plungers to prove it. Keep it simple.

Jim

Edited by Jman

Using the word "severe" with either a G34 or G17 kind of worries me. I've put enough rounds through both G17s and G34s that I'm not sure what could be going on if the 34 has more recoil than the 17.

The other thing is that the 34 slide weighs almost exactly the same as a G17 slide.

Are these Open guns with Major ammo? R,

Edited by G-ManBart

I have a G34 and its recoil is a bit more severe than my G17 resulting in higher times with follow-up shots. Contemplating having the slide lightened. Is there any benefit to this or am I just wasting $? Thanks for any advice.

Strange. Using the same ammo in both guns? Loads customized to each gun (PF)?

Am I lost or...? Was this thread in the Open gun sub-forum yesterday? Anyway, as indicated, if a minor 9mm load is causing problems

in the recoil control department their is "most likely" an issue with your grip and stance. I too have used both and really can't tell the

difference once the noise starts.

Jim

Wasting $

You may notice a slightly different recoil pulse between a G17 and a G34. It should be marginal. At speed , you really shouldn't notice much difference at all.

If you are experiencing a big difference, then I would suggest working on your grip and stance. (There is lots of info on grip and stance to be found here on the forum)

Wasting $You may notice a slightly different recoil pulse between a G17 and a G34. It should be marginal. At speed , you really shouldn't notice much difference at all. If you are experiencing a big difference, then I would suggest working on your grip and stance. (There is lots of info on grip and stance to be found here on the forum)

I agree on the need for more practice. I have gained much from the experience Glock shooters here.

I had a grip reduction done also and found that the perceived recoil was substantially higher than without it. I figure this has something to do with removing the hump (hollow space) causing less flex on the grip upon recoil, therefore transferring more to the hand. Maybe, maybe not!

I had a grip reduction done also and found that the perceived recoil was substantially higher than without it. I figure this has something to do with removing the hump (hollow space) causing less flex on the grip upon recoil, therefore transferring more to the hand. Maybe, maybe not!

As other have sugestted to check your grip. The change makes the gun smaller front to back changing your grip angle. That puts the wrist in a diferent postion than your muscles have been used to. So much of shooting techniche is Muscle memory. Food for thought.