Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 9mm

LLDJR

Thanks guys, this coming weekend, we are going to our INDY 1500 and I will look a at the Springfield and STI models for feel.

A buddy of mine has a STI Sentry I can borrow,,,, would this be a closer comparison to the STI Trojan model ?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna order an STI Spartan any day now, I appreciate all of your posts,,, gonna wade into the 1911 9 mm water

If anyone knows of a used STI Trojan on the market, let me know

Edited by LLDJR

+++++ to STI. Got my Trojan from Dawson. Great people, outstanding service. Shooting golf balls at 25 with the right load.... for under a G.

Edited by wes777

Good choice on the STI.I didn’t see this early enough to chime in, but I have a Trojan in 9mm for 3 or 4 years now and it sees at least 3000 rounds per year, sometimes more. So far this year I am at 2000 already, so it’s going to be a good year.

Since I’ve had it the only things I did was change the springs. I have an 11 pound recoil spring and a reduced pressure sear spring, I think from Wolff but it might be Wilson. I have some Metal Form mags that it came with and I practice with and they run pretty smoothly. Wilson’s for matches and I have no problems. I can’t make the gun jam if I try, any ammo I put into it feeds every time round nose, flat point, hollow point, seated long, seated short, they all slam home. Only problem I have is with two of the Metal Forms that they have a tendency to spit an extra round out when ejecting, so I’ll get the empty case and a live round flung out, but it doesn’t jam. But I know that is a magazine related issue as well.

I don’t remember what the Spartan has, but I prefer the stippled front strap over checkered.

I had Ed Vandenberg build a commander ground up based on a Caspian frame and slide. I love shooting that pistol. I added another 9mm with a Springer loaded model I found at a local gun show.