Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38super open gun and win231

ParaGunner

I just purchased my first open gun and have about 6lbs of win231 powder. I am also new to reloading,I got my first loading press for Christmas. Has anyone tried using win231 for a open gun load? If you have could you please share your results and load data. I will be shooting a Caspian 5" open gun. Any info would be appreciated, I'm trying to avoid buying another type of powder if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Roy

:cheers:

231 is a pretty fast powder, more suited for limited loads, Alot of 45 shooters like it under cast bullets. You may be better off selling it. I'm not gonna say its impossible but getting a 115-124 gr bullet to major power factor in a 38 with 231 is pretty iffy, Even if you could it wouldnt work the comp very well. Really its just not suited for the application.

X2 for N105. I bought a pound of AC, 7625, N105, and tried a few others. N105 was my favorite by far!

Oh come on...you're both crazy. N105 is a terrible powder....the worst ever for an Open gun! Since it doesn't matter anyway, I'll keep using it (I'll take one for the team), but you guys should probably find something better :lol:

X2 for N105. I bought a pound of AC, 7625, N105, and tried a few others. N105 was my favorite by far!

Oh come on...you're both crazy. N105 is a terrible powder....the worst ever for an Open gun! Since it doesn't matter anyway, I'll keep using it (I'll take one for the team), but you guys should probably find something better :lol:

I'll trade you my N105 then for your SP2? :rolleyes: