Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being Broke

jaffo

I've always been successful in my career and while I've never been rich, I've always been comfortable. I was laid off for 9 months in 2010 and it sucks stinks. I can't seem to get my head above water.

I AM very thankful that I have a job and a roof over my head.

j

Company I have worked for 20 years got bought out Jan 3. My main client for many years does not use the company I now work for and I am out of a job. Just in time for my birthday.......LOL...

Feels really strange to know that what you have grown so accustomed to is no longer there.

With the extension of the Bush Era tax cuts, and pending gutting of the Obama-care plan, employers know better what their expenses will be, and hiring has already started... We're back on the up-swing folks. Start investing in your future now, because I think we're coming back...

Jeff

when I got laid off in 1979-it was one of the best moves I never made on my own--so sometime the grass is greener on the other side,you just won't go after it with a good job,,good luck,it's out there.

Company I have worked for 20 years got bought out Jan 3. My main client for many years does not use the company I now work for and I am out of a job. Just in time for my birthday.......LOL...

Feels really strange to know that what you have grown so accustomed to is no longer there.

I think Benny needs a gun model and your perfect Merlin! :) Happy Birthday brother!!

Out of work 14 months now. No unemployment bennies; living on savings. Enrolled in academic program (distance learning) last October; should be done late February. Registering for local 3-credit internship tomorrow (starts in March) as the icing on the distance learning cake. Will also be getting notary public commission in late February. By Spring I should be SLIGHTLY more employable than before. But this is Eugene... where jobs have ALWAYS been paper-thin and elusive. Wish me luck.

I got laid off right before a Christmas holiday. Whatta drag THAT Christmas was.

I wish all of you the very best of luck.

Out of work 14 months now. No unemployment bennies; living on savings. Enrolled in academic program (distance learning) last October; should be done late February. Registering for local 3-credit internship tomorrow (starts in March) as the icing on the distance learning cake. Will also be getting notary public commission in late February. By Spring I should be SLIGHTLY more employable than before. But this is Eugene... where jobs have ALWAYS been paper-thin and elusive. Wish me luck.

I got laid off right before a Christmas holiday. Whatta drag THAT Christmas was.

I wish all of you the very best of luck.

Good job on "reinventing yourself" Good luck

I was out of work for 6 months and didnt do the unemployment thing either (prideful? Maybe) But the savings was sacrificed in order to be prideful. Its a hard call....

Finally found a gig working 12 hr night shift work. I just keep telling myself at least its a job... sigh

hang tuff

Actually, I already have two years' local law office experience. I'm just "schooling" to ENHANCE it a bit and hopefully seem a tad bit more employable. Trouble is, the local legal eagles cut back staff drastically last year just like everyone else, so it's not a fertile market at the moment.

Even in my line of work, I was out for 9 months a fees years ago. Couldn't get a job sweeping floors. Went out on my own and so far so good. I cannot express how important networking is. Evevrything I enjoy now came from a off hand inquiry.

A lot of people I know landed a job by knowing someone who knew someone...etc.

But oddly enough, the last 3 jobs I had, I got by literally walking in the doors of the business & asked "Hi, are you hiring?".

Mind you, I'm a pet groomer, so that approach might not work for every "field of work".

Good Luck to everyone looking for work.