Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TecLoader for 1100. Easier than it looks!

Looks like our club is going to add a sg stage to the IPSC match. Knowing that the others will be bringing Saigas and other self-loaders caused me to shelve my trusty 870 and went shopping for an 1100. I know...lot of better self-loaders than the 1100 but not sure if this sg stage will be permanent so chose not to go overboard on the expense.

I've seen a couple of guys reload their sg with the TecLoader and it looked pretty fast and smooth but not working for me. I even got the Arredondo speedloader assist and still no dice. The shell seems to be bumping into the flat of the receiver instead of into the tube/mag. Maybe a bevel there?

I know there must be a learning curve but it sure seems like this might need some mods to work...

I just got an 1100 set up for open. I'm having tecloader issues too, but different from yours. A lot of the time the first shell doesn't go into the magazine tube far enough. As a result, it doesn't move forward with pressure from the remaining rounds, therefore not allowing any more rounds to be loaded until I chamber that round.

I just got an 1100 set up for open. I'm having tecloader issues too, but different from yours. A lot of the time the first shell doesn't go into the magazine tube far enough. As a result, it doesn't move forward with pressure from the remaining rounds, therefore not allowing any more rounds to be loaded until I chamber that round.

How do they do it? LOL Another difference I found was that the 1100 can only be loaded when "cocked". My 870 mag can be stuffed cocked or hammer down. This darn 1100 has to be cocked or no loading of the mag. And bolt locks back with every pull of the bolt except when actually firing a round. Thinking this will slow me down if the stage requires emptying the mag when I ditch the sg...

How do they do it? LOL Another difference I found was that the 1100 can only be loaded when "cocked". My 870 mag can be stuffed cocked or hammer down. This darn 1100 has to be cocked or no loading of the mag. And bolt locks back with every pull of the bolt except when actually firing a round. Thinking this will slow me down if the stage requires emptying the mag when I ditch the sg...

Mine can be loaded hammer down. Also, the bolt only locks back if you pull back and try to "ride" the handle forward when chambering the next round. If you pull it back and let it fly (like racking a slide) it'll just keep pumping them through the action.

Mine can be loaded hammer down. Also, the bolt only locks back if you pull back and try to "ride" the handle forward when chambering the next round. If you pull it back and let it fly (like racking a slide) it'll just keep pumping them through the action.

Well, I checked out my 1100 and you must have a different version because my 1100's bolt definitely locks back no matter how I pull back on the bolt. Also, the disconnector lever blocks the mag once the hammer drops so there is no loading of shells when not cocked. Yours must be a different version or newer model...

Looks like our club is going to add a sg stage to the IPSC match. Knowing that the others will be bringing Saigas and other self-loaders caused me to shelve my trusty 870 and went shopping for an 1100. I know...lot of better self-loaders than the 1100 but not sure if this sg stage will be permanent so chose not to go overboard on the expense.

I've seen a couple of guys reload their sg with the TecLoader and it looked pretty fast and smooth but not working for me. I even got the Arredondo speedloader assist and still no dice. The shell seems to be bumping into the flat of the receiver instead of into the tube/mag. Maybe a bevel there?

I know there must be a learning curve but it sure seems like this might need some mods to work...

Watch the angle of the stick, especially as you start pushing the shells in, most tend to cant "up and away" from the 1100, which jams shells.

Angle, angle, angle, followed by practice, practice, practice. The pros make it look easy, right hand, left hand, when the gun is mounted on the shoulder, perfect hits each time. Practice.

And when you get frustrated.. time to order a Saiga. :devil:

if you don't have an EZ loader, it will be more difficult. and yes, relieving the loading area, especially the upper mouth of the mag tube (as you view it upside down) will make a huge difference.

When I watched the way the "jam" occurs and I too think the piece from Dave's could elevate the shell enough that it will not bump into the receiver. I ordered that piece lastnight and hopefully it will help. I think I will wait for the EZloader b4 I startup the dremel...

Can you load your mag when not "cocked"?

Thanks!

Watch the angle of the stick, especially as you start pushing the shells in, most tend to cant "up and away" from the 1100, which jams shells.

Angle, angle, angle, followed by practice, practice, practice. The pros make it look easy, right hand, left hand, when the gun is mounted on the shoulder, perfect hits each time. Practice.

And when you get frustrated.. time to order a Saiga. :devil:

I have the Arredondo load assist and that piece seems to hold the tube at the "right" angle I suppose. Too many gadgets...and read some old threads about the danger of ignition from use of the loader... :surprise:

if you don't have an EZ loader, it will be more difficult. and yes, relieving the loading area, especially the upper mouth of the mag tube (as you view it upside down) will make a huge difference.

When I watched the way the "jam" occurs and I too think the piece from Dave's could elevate the shell enough that it will not bump into the receiver. I ordered that piece lastnight and hopefully it will help. I think I will wait for the EZloader b4 I startup the dremel...

Can you load your mag when not "cocked"?

Thanks!

no way-1100's cannot do that, the interceptor latch trips when you pull the trigger, and until it's latched again, no way to load.

My 1100 Competition Master requires the bolt to be cocked before it allows loading. Also, the way an 1100 works is it locks back every time, even when fired. The shell popping out the mag tube trips the catch and the bolt closes. No rounds in mag tube, the bolt stays back.

Lee

My 1100 Competition Master requires the bolt to be cocked before it allows loading. Also, the way an 1100 works is it locks back every time, even when fired. The shell popping out the mag tube trips the catch and the bolt closes. No rounds in mag tube, the bolt stays back.

Lee

With rounds in your mag and you pull back your bolt, it does not lock back with each pull? My 1100 locks back with each pull so emptying the mag requires a press to the carrier release with each pull.

I am by no means the expert on tecloaders but ANGLE is everything. I have included a couple pictures to help explain. When I have botched a reload it as been when I allowed the SG to be at a parallel plane to the ground instead of pointing the muzzle at the ground. Also getting in too big of a hurry and not allowing the tecloader to seat at the correct angle i.e. too steep. When you have the SG & tecloader in same angle they should load like butter....Hopefully this will help..

Good Luck,

Randal

PS..I have a 1100 competition master and it will accept round with hammer cocked or hammer down..

post-6763-074879400 1295816755_thumb.jpg

post-6763-059506300 1295816769_thumb.jpg

post-6763-068283400 1295816786_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrawandDuck

Lee

With rounds in your mag and you pull back your bolt, it does not lock back with each pull? My 1100 locks back with each pull so emptying the mag requires a press to the carrier release with each pull.

Timing is everything. When your hand pulls the bolt back and a round pops out the mag, it hits the release, but your hand is still pulling, so it stays locked back. If your hand is fast with the bolt, you have already let go when the shell hits the release.

Lee

Thanks everyone! I'm now seeing why most choose something other than the 1100 "field" sg for competition. The loading only when cocked and slower unloading sure limits the capabilities....

Knowing how our RO's run our stages, I can say with a good amount of certainty that the sg stage will start and end with an empty mag. The advantage I would gain with a self loader would be lost when unloading and even loading to a degree. I will look into the possibility of converting it to be like a competition master. In the mean while, I think I may move the goodies to my 870... The 870 can be unloaded faster and the carrier lines up directly with the mag tube so stuffing it with the Tecloader should be smoother.

Anyone with info about converting a standard 1100 to competition master?

• 2 weeks later...

You're right! I got it now, pull back and don't hang onto the handle. Sometimes miss it but got it to cycle most of the time! Thanks!

I installed the Easyloader a couple of days back. Tuned it and found that it helped but I am not confident using the Tecloaders. I think I need to relieve the entry area around the mag tube, that and a LOT MORE practice. The first shell goes in now but the following still hangs up most of the time.

I installed the Easyloader a couple of days back. Tuned it and found that it helped but I am not confident using the Tecloaders. I think I need to relieve the entry area around the mag tube, that and a LOT MORE practice. The first shell goes in now but the following still hangs up most of the time.

I have several RUINED 1100 recievers here from people that had the same idea..I strongy advise against it.

Jim