Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Over-sized magazine release

gmg

I have a Kimber CustomII that I am fixing up to shoot SS with. I was wondering if any of you 1911 guru's could recommend a good over-sized extended mag. release button that want break the bank. Dillon has one made by Greider precision that is $16 but they can't seem to keep any in stock. I looked in Brownell's and Midway = $32. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I have this on my pistol Wilson Combat extended Magazine release,drop in-no drilling ;)

Works great. The button acts as a stop. I would sometimes "over press" my "extended" mag release(no button) and it would jam against the mag, not allowing it to drop free. This new mag release with button doesnt allow this ;)

Edited by sbpt1911

+1 on the Ed Brown as I can use the pistol SS or CDP.

You'll need to take the button off for CDP though.

I use a Ed Brown also on my .45 for SS division and my 9mm when I shoot Steel and for PROAM. On my .40s I use a EGW Raised extended mag catch and then have it drilled and tapped, because they don't sell one that way <_<, and then put the Ed Brown button on it.

post-24187-081419900 1295315816_thumb.jp

This one Cost about 3.5 cents but you can probably find one a your local range for free. 45 works better for short fingers.

(Just take 40 or 45acp and cut off the case at the base of case.)

Edited by anilson

I have the Ed Brown without the button...it's just extended and looks sharp and functions 100%. it has 40LPI stippling as well if that is a requirement. Pictures on Brownells don't do it justice...just looks like another mag release. But it looks SWEET on the gun.

I like the STI button on my SS guns. its bigger and sticks back towards the rear of the gun more so people with shorter thumbs (me) can reach it easier. Now i dont have to adjust my grip to drop a mag