Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

90 Degree Cmore Blowback problems or damage?

chowellacsbd

It's replies like that which lead people to never ask questions...for fear of looking foolish...oh well...

Bye bye Enos forum! Fun while it lasted!

That wasn't meant to be mean, at all. In fact, it was intended to actually be helpful (it's not like I didn't give you the links to answer your question). There are already a bunch of threads that cover the topic, and if you search, it gets you the answer faster...and most people like their answers faster right? It serves an added benefit of keeping the same related information in only a few threads, which makes it easier for everybody to find. It also helps cut down on having to answer the same questions over and over and over...so that eventually, people stop wanting to be helpful. :)

What happens frequently, is that somebody decides to start a new project, and they ask a bunch of questions that have all been answered previously rather than spend a few minutes searching...that doesn't really help anybody in the long run. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

Hey Chow. I don't like to have questions answered that way either but it happens every day. You have to learn to ignore those posts that bother you. I agree the whole "novel concept" remark sounded like a smart a$$ reply to me as well but I'm sure it wasn't meant to be. Maybe Bart failed to notice you only had 9 posts and probably don't know how to use the search function all that well yet. Hell, I don't know how to use it to it's full potential!:goof:

This is a great forum full of very helpful folks(for the most part) but you can't be thin skinned because it is still an internet forum after all.

For what it's worth I have not read too too much about cmores being damaged by blast on 90 degree mounts.

Chow just go to Walmar and get a box of Lens Cleaning WIpes about $3.00 and keep them in the range bag. Some powders will put more smut on the lens than others. In my full size gun I can shoot a whole match no problem with the shorty its whipe every stage.

Is anyone experiencing blow-back damage (not from popples) to their c-more (lens) from using either a Quinn II or Cheely mount?

Hello Chow, I make the Quinn II mount. For 99.5 percent of the people it will work without taking blast damage. Those figures are correct from current sales and reports back from users. You don't have to worry about it if you had an issue, you could sell it hear easy for $100+

Best,

JT

Quinn Engineering

Is anyone experiencing blow-back damage (not from popples) to their c-more (lens) from using either a Quinn II or Cheely mount?

I have popples and a Quinn II and have no damage issues. I do need to wipe some gunk off the back of the lens every other stage or so. The Cheely mount is farther forward than the Quinn II so there is more of a potential to have issues with popple holes.

I have popples and a Quinn II and have no damage issues. I do need to wipe some gunk off the back of the lens every other stage or so. The Cheely mount is farther forward than the Quinn II so there is more of a potential to have issues with popple holes.

Correct I have two of the Quinn I models the old one, not a Quinn II and they are up forward like the Cheely, I also have a Cheely. That 1" + can make a difference in the smut factor, however there is a trade off, the C-More is at the end of the slide and it can get in the way, depends on how you draw and rack the slide.

If you are new to open get side ways, if you have failed to master the dot get sideways, if you are happy with your upright mount stay that way.

I sent my C-More off for repair after 20K rounds on a Dawson Upright Mount with a blast shield off a full size gun with no poppel holes. They called me, the lens was bad, the frame was cracked, the rheostat was bad, and dot module was also bad. So things even go wrong with a upright mount and a blast shield. With trade in I got a new one for $153.00.