Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Russian Primers

kellyn

I've been using Russian primers for about 8 months now and have gotten to the point where I can recommend them. They're available at bjonessights.com and cost $70 for 5000.

I've used them in .40, .38 Super, 9X23, and .223. Standard deviations are equal to or better than Winchester and Federal primers. My first question to Bob Jones was "Are these post-commie Ruskie Federation things corrosive?" He said No and that he and several others have been running them in their Palma and long range guns (with expensive barrels and expensive cases) with no problem. I understand several successful long range shooters are using them. So I gave them a try and can only say good things about them. I've never had one fail to go off and I have not seen any decline in accuracy or corrosion in several ARs. To this point, I've used about 10000 of them and just got 5000 more. Support capitalism and help our Russina allies! At a savings of about $50 per 5000 compared to American primers, you can buy a lot of Vodka, even the good stuff!

I've been using Russian primers for about 8 months now and have gotten to the point where I can recommend them.  They're available at bjonessights.com and cost $70 for 5000. 

I've used them in .40, .38 Super, 9X23, and .223.  Standard deviations are equal to or better than Winchester and Federal primers.  My first question to Bob Jones was "Are these post-commie Ruskie Federation things corrosive?"  He said No and that he and several others have been running them in their Palma and long range guns (with expensive barrels and expensive cases) with no problem.  I understand several successful long range shooters are using them.  So I gave them a try and can only say good things about them.  I've never had one fail to go off and I have not seen any decline in accuracy or corrosion in several ARs.  To this point, I've used about 10000 of them and just got 5000 more.  Support capitalism and help our Russina allies! At a savings of about $50 per 5000 compared to American primers, you can buy a lot of Vodka, even the good stuff!

Where is that a savings? The ammo truck delivers Winchester and Federal primers to my club for $70/5K, which includes the 5% for the person who arranges the cooperative group order. and I often see deals in that price range on the vendor tables at matches.

What Rob said.... I just picked up several cases of primers at the Florida Open for $70/5000 in Winchester. Federal were exactly the same price.

How much did you pay for the Russian primers???

Leo

Those are better prices than I've been getting on American primers! But I have to say the ruskie primers are as good as the American ones.

I am refering to the prices from such places as Widener's and Natchez.

Buy Russian, stop communism. B)

I don't know if the Miwalls are still doing gun shows, but they were selling Winchesters of any variety to me for $60/1000 in 20K lots. (You have to call in advance and get them to reserve the primers for you.)

Nice try Comrade Neal. :P

I have seen them but haven't given them a try yet. I get Winchesters from Miwall @ $65/5000 when they are up at the Tucson show. There is a local guy here selling them and I plan on trying them out, thanks for the info.

Neal in AZ