Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL550B Small Powder Bar won't drop less than 12 gr

Hello all and thank you in advance.

I am setting up my new RL550B and all is well except for the Powder Measure. I cannot get the small powder bar to drop less than 12 grains of W231. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I've been struggling with it for an hour or so now and thought I'd ask the experts...

How thick is the powder bar ? Could be that you have a rifle powder bar in it .

My pistol powder bar is roughly 3/8 of an inch and my rifle is nearly 3/4 of an inch .

Edited by paraman1

My pistol powder bar is roughly 3/8 of an inch and my rifle is nearly 3/4 of an inch .

It is ~3/8" thick, so that should be the small pistol bar.

More info...I'm loading for .45ACP and using the funnel that came with the caliber conversion kit straight from Dillon.

Edited by WNC Seabee

It is ~3/8" thick, so that should be the small pistol bar.

You turn it counter clock wise to reduce capacity and clock wise to increase it .

Not insulting your intelligence , just throwing out ideas ;)

You turn it counter clock wise to reduce capacity and clock wise to increase it .

Not insulting your intelligence , just throwing out ideas ;)

HA! It is impossible to offend me! I'll go double check, thanks again.

:bow:

I am man enough to admit this simple mistake...Mr. Paraman1 sir, I owe you a beverage of choice.

I used a sharpie and put a "-" on the side of the powder bar that faces me, and a "+" on the other side... It took me a while to admit I could not remember without messing with it each time a change was made.

You'd think Dillon would do something like that. A simple + on one side and a - on the other. :rolleyes:

Or add a nice plastic knob with the marking. I have the plastics, the metal ones, and, the micrometer. All are easier than "the bolt"!