Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Caliber Swap

SteveHarris

I've heard that if you have a G35 that you can 'drop in' a G34 barrel (I forget if the 35 mags will work with both 9mm & 40.

I need a Glock BUG gun and I'd like to buy a G27 (for carry) and drop in a 9mm for shooting BUG. Will this work???

Steve

I've heard that if you have a G35 that you can 'drop in' a G34 barrel (I forget is the 35 mags will work with both 9mm & 40.

A stock 34 barrel will not dorp into a 35 slide, but you can buy a conversion barrel that will from Federal or Lone Wolf.

I bought my 9mm conversion barrel direct from Kevin at KKM Precision.

I would think that if anybody makes what you are looking for, they would.

www.kkmprecision.com

phone: (775)246-5444

I have LoneWolf 9mm barrel for G35, it was a "drop in" fit. Works great but needed to use 9mm Glock mags to function reliably. The 40 cal mags didn't work well at all with 9mm.

If my guess is correct, BUG for back up gun, right? If that's the case, I would recommend shooting it as is (40 s&w) without changing caliber. The G27 is a hand full with defensive loads and it takes some practice to get used to.

I'd like to thank everyone for their info. I settled on a 9mm G26 and I gave up on the extra barrel/caliber option. It looks like mixing 40 S&W and 357 Sig works fine. Several good barrel makers offer such 2nd barrels. It's not much of a conversion issue since all the mechanical funtions use the same parts.

However, when you get down to it, a 40 S&W 135 gr Cor-Bon may even out perform the 357 Sig. Old hot rodders always belive there's a way do it better:P

Steve

• 2 months later...

Matt (CGR),

all the parts you mentioned, mag, extractor, ejector, spring loaded bearing are very inexpensive, the barrel needs to b e changed anyhow. Why would you not recommend the swap?

I ask because I am tempted to do this for carry mainly, I own a G27 but feel the recoil is very strong and would like to convert it to 9mm, I was originally thinking of just changing the barrel + mags, but after your post I see I need the other parts, If you change all of this is it still no recommended to swap?.

it is much easier for me to purchase the different parts on the web and swap them than to go and buy another G26, first there arent any available in Guate, and second if you do find one available it will run for about $1200.00

thanks

Sergio