Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

Over 30 round mags are good for everyone except you Chuck...just because you asked. I thought you were a detective and you couldn't find the information.

I have not seen nor heard anything that would prevent anyone from using ANY type of magazine in tactical division with the exception of the Beta Mag in either the FNH3G or 3Gun Nation Championship.

Larry

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rumor has it that it may snow this weekend there!

shhhhhh! don't use the S word,

That does make it more difficult to see a white popper

Poppers will be gray with a huge yellow card behind them for contrast...of yea, we are stealing an idea from Jeff, we will be putting lime on the ground to the sides and behind the rifle target to assist with getting on target. The only way I can make this any easier is to ask you what score you want and write that down without firing a shot.

Larry

Will we be able to drive close to all stages with a car or mini van ?

How bad is the Dust likely to be ?

Parking will be within 50 yards of all stages and there will be no dust, all roads are packed gravel. Besides all the rain they have had, it will take two years to dry out to make dust on the roads. Seriously, dust will be minimal.

You must have been at the Ozark match....I am still cleaning dust from my equipment.

Larry

Edited by sbmd

Rumor has it that it may snow this weekend there!

shhhhhh! don't use the S word,

That does make it more difficult to see a white popper

Poppers will be gray with a huge yellow card behind them for contrast...of yea, we are stealing an idea from Jeff, we will be putting lime on the ground to the sides and behind the rifle target to assist with getting on target. The only way I can make this any easier is to ask you what score you want and write that down without firing a shot.

Larry

Bullet-splatter gray w/ a yellow card works pretty well as long as the targets aren't in the shadows of trees.

Thanks Larry.

Over 30 round mags are good for everyone except you Chuck...just because you asked. I thought you were a detective and you couldn't find the information.

I have not seen nor heard anything that would prevent anyone from using ANY type of magazine in tactical division with the exception of the Beta Mag in either the FNH3G or 3Gun Nation Championship.

Larry

Oh I found it, but I also figured you'd be using posted rules, not a 15 page Enos thread to run your match. Since I actually read the rules you posted, this is what's in them

5.3.4.6 Magazine capable of holding no more than 30 rounds inserted at any time.

Coupled magazines are permitted.

Now gramatically I'm not really sure what that sentence means, but but it seems like you still have in the rules no more than 30 in a mag? Thought it might be nice for your shooters who don't troll Enos constantly. You know, those that aren't highly qualified like me.

White powdered lime is the heat, giving target visibility and allowing shooters see where the misses are going and correct which is usually hidden by huge plastic backers, how do folks learn and correct when they can;t see where they are missing? duh! great news Larry

White powdered lime is the heat, giving target visibility and allowing shooters see where the misses are going and correct which is usually hidden by huge plastic backers, how do folks learn and correct when they can;t see where they are missing? duh! great news Larry

Big Roger That, Jeff.

I will have it posted on the web and emailed to each shooter......Chuck is always looking out for the little guy.

Chuck, after talking at length with Tommy, the mag restriction in Tactical divisions has been lifted! Hopefully that is plain english...without a southern drawl.

Now lets see, Jeff we are having something new at this match. I had Travis make special targets for our match. On the front of your standard MGM steel target we have fitted them with bullet attracting magnets so that will prevent the shooter from having to reengage the targets as each one will register a hit. Now if you are shooting frangible ammunition, there is nothing I can do.

Now lets see, Jeff we are having something new at this match. I had Travis make special targets for our match. On the front of your standard MGM steel target we have fitted them with bullet attracting magnets so that will prevent the shooter from having to reengage the targets as each one will register a hit. Now if you are shooting frangible ammunition, there is nothing I can do.

So we should break out that steel jacketed, or steel core ammo so the magnets work right?

I wasn't joking when I posted to bring clothes to dress in layers. We are supposed to get up to 6 inches by tonight.

post-108-0-75994200-1319907836_thumb.jpg

Don't worry it will be up to 60 by Thursday of this week.

Edited by ap3

So we should break out that steel jacketed, or steel core ammo so the magnets work right?

Specially made magnets that repel steel core ammo......

I wasn't joking when I posted to bring clothes to dress in layers. We are supposed to get up to 6 inches by tonight.

post-108-0-75994200-1319907836_thumb.jpg

Don't worry it will be up to 60 by Thursday of this week.

So how much snow do you have. I just came from the Lehigh Valley (PA)and there was 5 inches and still snowing.

Here are the adjusted stage numbers. The names did not change just the numbers.

Stage 1 Battle of Khfji

Stage 2 Battle of Liege

Stage 3 Battle of the Bulge

Stage 4 Battle of Fort Wagner

Stage 5 Second Battle of Fallujah

Stage 6 Operation Ripper

Stage 7 Korengal Valley

Stage 8 Battle of Ia Drang

Stage 9 Battle of South Mountain

Attached is a range map as well.

Larry

Its Says the Range Map is Attached buy I only see the Zone Schedule ?

Did I miss it ?

Received the following message from forum member Agusta:

Due to a beating worthy schedule mixup neither myself nor Wayne Allen will be able to attend the match now. It is our wish to donate our slots and entry fee to 2 current or retired military members. Not sure how to get the word out on how to do this but would appreciate your assistance in facilitating this.

Please contact Agusta if you are a current and retired military member that wishes to participate in the match and you are not already registered. If you know of someone please have them contact Agusta.

Agusta and Wayne, thank you for your support to those who are serving or have served.

Larry

Just a quick note that these 2 slots have been filled.

Thanks to Larry and Linda for arranging the transfer to 2 soldiers that i'm sure will have a great time. Good luck everyone and enjoy!

I have been contacted by another participant that cannot make the match. They would also like to donate their match slot to a member of the military or veteran who is not registered in the match. Please contact me for details.

Also, the aones are as follows: ZONE 1 - stages 1-3, ZONE 2 - stages 4-6 and ZONE 3 - stages 7-9. Sorry I did not make that clear.

Yes built in shooting sticks are considered a supporting device.

Larry

Edited by sbmd

Here are the adjusted stage numbers. The names did not change just the numbers.

Stage 1 Battle of Khfji

Stage 2 Battle of Liege

Stage 3 Battle of the Bulge

Stage 4 Battle of Fort Wagner

Stage 5 Second Battle of Fallujah

Stage 6 Operation Ripper

Stage 7 Korengal Valley

Stage 8 Battle of Ia Drang

Stage 9 Battle of South Mountain

Attached is a range map as well.

Larry

Its Says the Range Map is Attached buy I only see the Zone Schedule ?

Did I miss it ?

YEP you missed it...it is right here!

Range Map.pdf

Will we be able to drive close to all stages with a car or mini van ?

How bad is the Dust likely to be ?

Better question- Will the roads be plowed? :roflol:

No. Everyone bumps to Trooper!

:roflol:

May have to drive my Jeep the 10 hours up there!

Just reserved supposedly the "last room" at the match hotel in Winchester, with Jacuzzi. If anyone needs a place to crash let me know.