Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sorting Brass.....when you're done!

CZinSC

Sorting brass should go in the I Hate Forum, but since I just finished, I'm putting it in the What I like!!

Tumbled all my dirty brass on Sun/Mon. Started sorting Mon night, finished tonight.

All said and done, about 5500 pieces of 9mm. Mostly Win, RP, and FC. Now I just need to get back to reloading. Luckily my company is off from Christmas Eve through New Years, so I finally have time to catch up on my reloading and get ahead for a change. ( the Dillon 550 is just out of the picture on the right).

Finally got my hands on some VV N320, so I'm interested to see how that goes. Been using nothing by Titegroup so far.

brass.jpg

A fellow shooting friend gave me 2 10 gallon size boxes of brass. Took me 2 weeks to sort, mainly 9mm. I ended up with about 20K 9mm cases which I traded for 16 lbs. of VV N320. Gave my friend some .45 cases, kept the .40 cases. It was a winter time sort, wx outside was frightful, kept me busy in my shop. Anything activity gun or reloading related keeps me happy. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hello: I have almost finished a 5 gallon bucket of 40 brass that is being tumbled and sorted. It has been hiding in a box for over a year and I just found it and started tumbling it. Winchester, Federal,nickel and assorted brass get sorted. My 2 sons(8 and 12) are not interested in sorting it for me since they are playing video games and eating all the chocolate they can find :surprise: It is great when you finally get it all sorted out. Thanks, Eric

Usually not on my like list BUT as hectic as it has been spending yesterday sorting a few thousand rounds was real relaxing

I couldn't agree more. But with the girlfriend, her sister, and sister's 3 year old daughter running around the house, holed up in the man cave sorting brass was just the ticket to pass the hours.

Gomer, normally I'd name a price ( which would be based on quantities of Coors Light ) however, sorting brass is so mind numbing I cannot come up with an amount of my favorite beverage that would be worth it!

Team Amish, the buckets are awesome, but unfortunately I cannot take credit for thinking of them. My buddy and his wife own a Custom Cake Shop. The buckets are from him, they're Fondant buckets. They are perfect for storing brass, plus your bullets smell pretty tasty after they've been in a bucket of Vanilla fondant!