Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Para wish list

VinceU1

OK, I'll start the ball rolling. Who would like to see Para bring out some new stuff? You know, like the frame kits again, maybe even with a wide dust cover, how about 170mm mags, or maybe even a frame kit with tac rails for the tactically minded? I realize this is asking a LOT of Para, but who knows. We might get lucky!!!

If we are wishing, how about a 6 in. 1640 stainless limited with a wide dust cover and a Dawson Ice magwell. I would install my own skateboard tape and even the Dawson if they would make the Ice magwell again for a Para. If nothing else I woiuld like to see PARA be more involved in USPSA again. That is a good start for my wish list.

Edited by elynch2007

About the 170mm mags...why not just fit an STI 2011 mag release and buff the horns off the STI or SVI 170's where the research and development is already done? SPS has a 170 out of the para also, but it's your dream. I like the idea of a stainless widebody frame with full checkering and rails. Ambi and extended controls would also be nice. How about some grips other than the standard skinny grips for those with big hands. Dream gun: Stainless widebody 40 with bull barrel and full length dustcover with heavy guide rod and magwell. Something approaching revolver weights in the 50's. Option to run a 45 or 9 slide on it would be nice also. Not really looking for a game gun with it, I like heavy blasters.

yeh no kidding 170 mm mags,, I just dot get these companies making wide body guns then not making magazines for them, Or a 6 inch in 45 ? Id like to see a 9mm set up for open, Make a standard 18/9 drill and tap the frame have a compensated barrel and include two 170mm magazines. I can add the rest myself.

If we are wishing, how about a 6 in. 1640 stainless limited with a wide dust cover and a Dawson Ice magwell. I would install my own skateboard tape and even the Dawson if they would make the Ice magwell again for a Para. If nothing else I woiuld like to see PARA be more involved in USPSA again. That is a good start for my wish list.

+1, a six inch super hawg 40 S&W ought to be easy enough for them to do.

Maybe Para should hear from more people than just me. If you own a Para then join the POA forum at Para-USA.com and voice your opinion. Right now they are trying to turn the corner a become a great company again after the move to the United States. So let them know what you want to see from them in the future. :cheers:

My carry, open, and limited are all para. I had to go another way recently because they cant get simple things right like properly fitting part. It seems they expect too much life from tooling and now the ramps are in need or polishing, or the disconnect isnt fitted right, barrels that arent to spec (my .45 was undercut). They need a lot of help with mags, they are constantly an issue for me, my single stack takes novak mags now and my 14-45 uses mecgar flawlessly but no luck with .38 super mags they need some tuning and will do fine if your careful. I was lucky to get an old 170 mag that works great.

the most simple thing they need to get right first is customer service. they are rude and constantly insulting, they dont return phone calls or emails.

I dont want my post to be a bashing of para, they changed our game 20 years ago. It would be nice if they started to cater a little to the shooting sports and making add ons like sti does. if they just made better mags or 170 mags. I see if they wont sell a full open gun just yet but like previously posted selling just a frame once again would be great. making short trigger v long trigger a more available option. make a grip panel like caspian to avoid using skateboard tape. Their shop isnt a custom shop and I asked if they would hardfit a barrel when they were replacing it and they told me no we dont do that here. They have so much potential and if they started with little things it would make a world of difference to all shooters. especially ones who have been loyal to them for so many years.

My carry, open, and limited are all para. I had to go another way recently because they cant get simple things right like properly fitting part. It seems they expect too much life from tooling and now the ramps are in need or polishing, or the disconnect isnt fitted right, barrels that arent to spec (my .45 was undercut). They need a lot of help with mags, they are constantly an issue for me, my single stack takes novak mags now and my 14-45 uses mecgar flawlessly but no luck with .38 super mags they need some tuning and will do fine if your careful. I was lucky to get an old 170 mag that works great.

the most simple thing they need to get right first is customer service. they are rude and constantly insulting, they dont return phone calls or emails.

I dont want my post to be a bashing of para, they changed our game 20 years ago. It would be nice if they started to cater a little to the shooting sports and making add ons like sti does. if they just made better mags or 170 mags. I see if they wont sell a full open gun just yet but like previously posted selling just a frame once again would be great. making short trigger v long trigger a more available option. make a grip panel like caspian to avoid using skateboard tape. Their shop isnt a custom shop and I asked if they would hardfit a barrel when they were replacing it and they told me no we dont do that here. They have so much potential and if they started with little things it would make a world of difference to all shooters. especially ones who have been loyal to them for so many years.

Yes, my open, limited and carry guns are all Para's which is why I wish they'd make their mags a little better. I've gotten to the point where I'll use the SPS 170's, but they take a lot of tweaking before each match to make them work. Doesn't matter who's done the tweaking, they just don't want to stay "square". I've got a passel of the Para mags in both 38Super and .45 and once they've been setup, they seem to stay that way for the entire shooting season. Just hate having to spend the $50 or so to have someone "tweak" them. I've been a member of POA for about a year now and I've not seen any real effort to use this resource. Yes, I get sales bits, but I'm not that interested in buying an AR15 upper. I send a couple of emails a month about different ideas but get nothing back. Maybe they should detail someone in marketing to read boards like BEnos.com. It'd give them ALL kinds of info on what works.

Still wish they'd starting selling the frame kits again. :wacko:

Vince