Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How often does your C-More lose zero?

GrumpyOne

Is anyone modifying Aimpoints to increase the size of the dot?

FM

Since this is about C-Mores, you may consider starting a thread about Aimpoints. R,

Thanks Bart.....We'll have to add another badge to your shirt....Thread Police..... :lol:

I'm thinking about starting that thread myself....What red dot do you use? Put a poll in it, with pros and cons...

I didn't find the crack in mine either. The C-More folks swear that an aftermarket dot module cover (like the Arredondo) can cause a shift in the POI...while shooting. I'm not sure why or how, but they were very adamant it could happen. R,

It does. I've been fighting with this issue for close to two years and driving myself crazy trying to figure out the problem. The scope would hold zero for a while and I'd think I got it nailed down. Then invariably it would clock to the right in a major match, sometimes just a little and sometimes a huge amount. In our National championships last year I hit a no-shoot that was about 6 feet to the right of a 50 yard popper. Needless to say, it was not my best match.

Talked to C-more about it and they advised me about the module cover. Took it off and looked at it and sure enough, the plastic flange that holds the module in place had peened right away, so the module itself was shifting. Haven't had a problem since I took it off.

Thanks Bart.....We'll have to add another badge to your shirt....Thread Police..... :lol:

I'm thinking about starting that thread myself....What red dot do you use? Put a poll in it, with pros and cons...

LOL...no policing, just sayin'....that's worthy of it's own topic. :)

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bringing such an old thread back from the dead, but I didn't want to start a new one since this one exists.

One of my C-Mores is acting odd. I zeroed it a couple of weeks ago. I took the gun to the range yesterday and fired about 100 rounds, all hit point of aim. I put that gun down and shot another gun for a while. Picked up the gun in question again and couldn't hit ANYTHING. Turned out the zero had shifted about 6.5". The gun was just laying on the table!!!!!

Adjustment lock screw was still tight. All mounting screws are tight. There are no cracks in the body. Maybe try a new dot module?

Sorry for bringing such an old thread back from the dead, but I didn't want to start a new one since this one exists.

One of my C-Mores is acting odd. I zeroed it a couple of weeks ago. I took the gun to the range yesterday and fired about 100 rounds, all hit point of aim. I put that gun down and shot another gun for a while. Picked up the gun in question again and couldn't hit ANYTHING. Turned out the zero had shifted about 6.5". The gun was just laying on the table!!!!!

Adjustment lock screw was still tight. All mounting screws are tight. There are no cracks in the body. Maybe try a new dot module?

Was it layed out in the sun?

Edit to add: Having old threads with valuable info in them and bringing them back up is not a crime. That's why they don't get deleted. :cheers:

Edited by GrumpyOne

Was it layed out in the sun?

Edit to add: Having old threads with valuable info in them and bringing them back up is not a crime. That's why they don't get deleted. :cheers:

Nope - cloudy 55 degree day.

I'm totally at a loss. It's a used C-More on a used gun, who knows the history or how long it hasn't held a zero . . .

• 9 months later...

I have 2 C-Mores mounted on revolvers that I shoot for steel challenge. One rimfire and one centerfire. The mounts are solid and do not move. The points of aim routinely shift overnight. Most of the shifting is in the vertical plane. The lock screws are tight, the slotted elevation screw is in the exact same place as it was the day before but it can move 3 inches off aim at 20 yds. I think the culprit may be their plastic construction. Temperature change seems to expand and contract the plastic more than metal. I think that the expansion and contraction of the plastic pushes the main lens forward and aft (depending if it got hotter or cooler) thus causing the vertical shift in the point of aim. I never trust my C-Mores even if I sight them in the day before a match. Especially if there has been a significant temperature swing. I try to find a bay that's open to shoot in before the match starts so that I can zero the C-Mores. I would not purchase another.

I think the culprit may be their plastic construction. Temperature change seems to expand and contract the plastic more than metal. I think that the expansion and contraction of the plastic pushes the main lens forward and aft (depending if it got hotter or cooler) thus causing the vertical shift in the point of aim. I never trust my C-Mores even if I sight them in the day before a match. Especially if there has been a significant temperature swing. I try to find a bay that's open to shoot in before the match starts so that I can zero the C-Mores. I would not purchase another.

You may be onto something. I have an aluminium version on my open gun and have't touched mine since I put it on 3 years ago.