Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Racemaster holster?

Aircooled6racer

Hello: Anyone tried a Racemaster with there "N" framed revolver yet? I have a Racemaster for my Open/LImited pistol setup and was wondering if it would be worth getting the insert for the revolver? I am just thinking ahead since I don't even have a "N" framed revolver yet :surprise: Thanks, Eric

I got mine. It's actually pretty secure. It holds the revolver in just by the trigger guard and with the lock engaged, it's really tight. I blogged about it here : http://gunbot.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/daa-race-master-holster-for-sw-625-jm-revolver/

wp_000079_thumb.jpg?w=500&h=375

The only issue is sometimes when I draw, it get's stuck as the holster tilts upwards making the holster insert engage the right side of the trigger guard, and because it doesn't come out straight, it refuses to let the trigger guard go. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well, but this problem can be rectified by changing my draw stroke to lift the gun up and towards my body, instead of lifting it up and away.

or if there's a way to hold the bottom part of the holster (the "AA" part) against my leg and not let it lift up during the draw stroke. I really need to record a video of this problem i'm having.

apart from that, the gun is SECURE. The gun stays put, even when I hold the belt upside down with the gun locked in the holster, and shake it vigorously.

I really like mine. I have inserts for SIG X5,N-frame and L-frame.

Never change out your inserts in a hurry!!! I did that before the MCC and didn't get the little aluminum wedge captured correctly and it caused the holster to lock up on me a couple times during the match. I didn't figure out what was wrong until I took a closer look at it the next morning.

Edited by staudacher

I got mine. It's actually pretty secure. It holds the revolver in just by the trigger guard and with the lock engaged, it's really tight. I blogged about it here : http://gunbot.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/daa-race-master-holster-for-sw-625-jm-revolver/

wp_000079_thumb.jpg?w=500&h=375

The only issue is sometimes when I draw, it get's stuck as the holster tilts upwards making the holster insert engage the right side of the trigger guard, and because it doesn't come out straight, it refuses to let the trigger guard go. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well, but this problem can be rectified by changing my draw stroke to lift the gun up and towards my body, instead of lifting it up and away.

or if there's a way to hold the bottom part of the holster (the "AA" part) against my leg and not let it lift up during the draw stroke. I really need to record a video of this problem i'm having.

apart from that, the gun is SECURE. The gun stays put, even when I hold the belt upside down with the gun locked in the holster, and shake it vigorously.

I have mine set so light that the holster body never moves as long as I draw the gun straight. Even set that light the holster will still hold the gun in place upside down without the lock engaged.

[i have mine set so light that the holster body never moves as long as I draw the gun straight. Even set that light the holster will still hold the gun in place upside down without the lock engaged.

yeah the locking mechanism is amazingly sturdy!!

I will have mine on Monday - I can post a report sometime after

I did get the holster up and running today and I'm very happy with it. As many have mentioned it is very well made with strong retention. Set up was fast with only minor adjustment to fit me. Sure glad I spent the money.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I like my RM for my 627. In fact, I'm shooting it this weekend at a classifier match.

Question, I read the comment from Staudacher about the aluminum insert...I don't remember even seeing that part. Is it necessary? What is it for? I haven't noticed any issue with holding/locking the 627 in so I'm wondering if it's really necessary. I would hate to get to a match and have a bunch of problems with it...

Thanks for any input...

Edited by gng4life