Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some years ago i was told be a friend he knew someone that was going to sell a very special gun.

It was a Manurhin MR73 Gendarmerie that had only fired 500 mild magnum shots .

I had never owned a revolver and this was a beautiful one from very extreme high quality and almost new.

I bought it for a very good price.

My purpose was to use it in matches like EPP, service pistol etc.

Thusfar i have never ever shot one bullet through the barrel.

I shoot a lot but somehow i never came to fire this revolver last years.

But i like to look at this weapon sometimes and i like it a lot.

I always tell myself that when i quit IPSCshooting i will start to use this one for bullseyeshooting.

Am i very weird or are ther more people with an unused gun in the safe?

Greetings

Adrie

Hi Adrie,

In short : Yes, you're weird :P

Privately I own 4 weapons now and I hold a "club-license" so I have a quite broad range to choose from, but it still isn't enough <_<

Although I don't use all my weapons for competition, I use all of them regularly.

But because money is pretty tight for me, I never buy (or have bought) a weapon that I won't use or haven't used.

Yes, I have some. Why did I buy them? Because they are on the list of things to be banned next in California. If I think that I might someday want to shoot it and it's still legal to buy today then I'm in the market for it.

Hi Tweety ;) , the Manurhin is the only one i never used.

I think i compete in * a little* more competion matches then you and i can say all my glocks are used/beat up pretty well.

Dito for the Winchester rifle.

But some weapons like a Manurhin MR73 aren't made anymore in the way they got their famous name. Even there aren't reports of a MR 73 that was worn out by shooting so it couldn''t hurt to use it i consider it a gun to be used only for special occasions.

A kinda collectors item :wub:

You can compare it with Schmitz his Porsche ;) Only a little better :ph34r:

And yes, i am weird :P

Greetings

Adrie

I had guns I didn't use much. Once I discover I really have no use for a gun, it's gotta go. Of course, this also has to do with the laws in my country only allowing me to have 5 firearms :(

I still have a H&K P7M13 I hate to shoot but love nonetheless :wub:

In three years, after a four year "down to the bottom" restoration, I drove already 10.000 miles with my vintage 1966 (California import/black plate/Redondo Beach) Porsche.

But an old lady has to rest sometimes :wub:

As for my guns and rifles: no rust in their barrels! :P SVI.40S&W Standard, SVI .38Super Open, SVI .38Super Bianchi and Walther GSP.22LR.

And as a clubchampion .30M1 my vintage 1964 (new barrel) .30M1 Carbine is used every month!

I use all 5 of them on a regular basis! B)

Yep, guess we're all a little bit weird! ;)

DVC with best wishes, Henny.

Have some, have sold some, will probably buy more in the future. Worst was a preban Colt AR-15 H barrel. Put about 150 rounds through it before I sold it. :blink:

When money was good, I had the "Life is short, I want it, I bought it" attitude. Now days it is much more "Do I REALLYneed it."

I have never owned a gun that I never shot. I have never owned a gun that I didn't put a few rounds through within 2 days of purchase. I have lost count of how many firearms I actually own now. They all get shot once or twice a year though. :rolleyes: TXAG

I have a Colt Python, 4" in what I believe is the better blue finish, that has less than 25 rounds throught it. Here is the catch, I traded a customer of mine $300.00 worth of clothing for the gun, so I probably only have about $150.00 into the thing. His wife told him to get rid of it, since he never shot it. One day it will help to pay for my next IPSC gun. :D

Lessee' here, guns I don't use (much, if at all).

Just had to have a PPK (cue "James Bond" theme)

Just had to have a Winchester "Leeever Akshun" (cue theme from "The Rifleman")

Just had to have a 44 magnum (well do ya' punk?)

I will not entertain any idea of getting rid of any of them even though I hardly ever shoot them and they are all safe swarf in the extreme.

Everything else has a competition, or social reason for it being in my posession. Yeah right!

--

Regards,

I think i compete in * a little* more competion matches then you

Very true indeed. But I already said that I didn't use them all in competition ... ;)

[slight thread drift mode on]

In fact, my two revolvers (S&W 686 & 29) nor my shotgun have never been used in competition, although I hope to use my shotgun sometime next year in the UK or so for IPSC shotgun. It is fully ready to compete in "standard manual action".

My priority this year for IPSC is RO-ing abroad, and with my work at our club (next to treasurer I am training other people in shooting, especially IPSC) and the baby coming later this year, I in fact don't use my guns as much as I would like to.

But hey, life is all about making choices and I'm happy with the choices I've made so far.

Except for selling my CBR100F, my wifes Nissan, my CZ75, and, and, .... :(<_<:P

[/thread drift off]

Guest Larry Cazes

Nope....Never bought a gun I didn't at least put a few rounds through. Also, I have a no safe queen policy. If I dont shoot a gun for a year it gets on the list of guns to be sold. Just sold a SIG pistol and remington rifle from that list.