Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hornady ultrasonic cleaner

pdice

Does anyone know who supplies the ultrasonic cleaner to hornady? I thought I might be able to find a deal on a ultrasonic cleaner. I'd like to step up from the one I have now.

http://www.hornady.c...ic-Cleaner-new/

magnum-sonic-cleaner.jpg

http://www.harborfre...aner-95563.html a little smaller a lot cheaper. Read the reviews, I'm sticking with the tumbler. Street price on the Hornady should be about $220-$240 once it hits the supply channel.

Edited by CocoBolo

i think they make it themselves?

Im sticking with a tumbler too. while i like how the sonic units do clean the interior and primer pockets out better, its too much of a tedious task for me. tumbler for the pistol brass. maybe put the rifle stuff in the sonic...

Im sticking with a tumbler too. while i like how the sonic units do clean the interior and primer pockets out better, its too much of a tedious task for me. tumbler for the pistol brass. maybe put the rifle stuff in the sonic...

I got one from a jewelry supplier and like it for some things. Basically, I have some range brass that's rather dirtier than I want to put directly into the tumbler. I put it in a bucket with some hot water and Simple Green and agitate periodically while it soaks. Then it comes out in batches and goes into the ultra sonic cleaner to loosen up stuff, then a good rinse. I've tried it with some .223 brass and it does a pretty good job of getting the worst grime.

Harbor Freight unit works very well.

Mine is about 1.5 years old now and has functioned flawless thus far.

It will clean my 284 cases perfect only negative is I limit it to 50 cases. More then that and it's not working as well.

Mixture is 50% Distilled water and 50% White Vinegar. Soak them in Distilled water dry them then 30 minutes in the tumbler with some brass polish and it's like new Brass.

Ian

Harbor Freight unit works very well.

Mine is about 1.5 years old now and has functioned flawless thus far.

It will clean my 284 cases perfect only negative is I limit it to 50 cases. More then that and it's not working as well.

Mixture is 50% Distilled water and 50% White Vinegar. Soak them in Distilled water dry them then 30 minutes in the tumbler with some brass polish and it's like new Brass.

Ian

thats just too much work for me

I'd consider one if I could chunk gun parts in it and let it run.

Anyone tried one for that?

It's need to at least be big enough to fit a slide, or 1911 frame, or AR BCG to be worth it though.

hornady has a special Gun Parts Solution for that very task. and yea, the newer larger unit should be able to a slide or BCG with ease. the first one they had it would have been a tight fit.

Use a sonic cleaner at work and in most situations if the unit has a heater it works twice as well and several times faster.

Doubt most of the small units have heaters, believe the new magnum Hornady one does - That's the one I will be trying.

Sherwyn