Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland ELS System

pjb45

OK, I am a big fan of the Safariland ELS system. It is awesome. WHATMEWORRY modified my 013 holster to fit my Open Gun.

But I am getting tired of geometry puzzles of trying to retro fit my other holsters (Safariland) to the ELS kits.

Has anybody heard if and when Safariland is going to come out with conversion kits for their holsters and the ELS system?

Paul: I have a new Safariland catalog you can have. There is a bunch of stuff in there for mounting on there new belt. I am not sure about mounting non Safailand stuff on the belt. It may take some drilling. I like the idea of the belt system but wished they made a 1.5" wide belt. Thanks, Eric

OK, I am a big fan of the Safariland ELS system. It is awesome. WHATMEWORRY modified my 013 holster to fit my Open Gun.

But I am getting tired of geometry puzzles of trying to retro fit my other holsters (Safariland) to the ELS kits.

Has anybody heard if and when Safariland is going to come out with conversion kits for their holsters and the ELS system?

What modifications, if any, were required to modify your 013 to the new ELS belt? Am I correct in my understanding that the new belt velcro is the opposite of the old ones.. ie now like the CR speed? I had to pull the velcro off my 013, (it was nicely stiched), and get some velcro from the hardware store to work with a CR Speed belt. It is now glued on but I am not happy with how the glue holds, or in my case, doesn't hold.

Thanks

Marty

A-7424

Edited by martyg00

Yep the new ELS belts have the Velcro the proper way. In fact I'm using my CR Speed and Double Alpha underbelts with them.

The way Ive seen the 013 mounted is to just bolt it to an ELS fork. Do away with the whole belt loop assembly. This was Scott Carnahan's rig. Just use the small ELS plate and fork. They have the same breaking point as the big one but offer a lot more flexibility.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I have been looking for proper sizing information on the ELS belt system on holsters.com, but I have yet to find any. I'm a size 38 normally and wondering whether or not I should just get my regular size 38 or if I should save it up to a size 34 or 36, any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by gunslinger001