Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know what primers are used in cheap wallyworld Federal champion

ck1

Actually this is an interesting question. A friend of mine owns one of the largest western wear apparel stores in the world and he showed me the differences in my wally Levi 505's and his Levi 505's. There were several differences and I now know why mine didn't hold up well in durability. They had identical label and cut, not the same material or workmanship. :sick:

Other manufacturers may do this also for their cheap wally line.

For me, Federal makes the finest and easiest to seat primer there is. :bow:

Good question. One would ASSUME that if it's Federal ammo it would be Federal primers---

but it is a fact that CCI makes much of the 22 standard velocity sold as Federal, so

maybe they "farm out" some of their centerfire ammo manufacture also?

Edited by open17

Good question. One would ASSUME that if it's Federal ammo it would be Federal primers---

but it is a fact that CCI makes much of the 22 standard velocity sold as Federal, so

Ahh, see here we go, after a bunch of searching around it seems that from what I've found that it's more likely that "Federal Champion" is really "Blazer Brass" (with cheaper, harder CCI primers) re-packedged into a new box rather than a "true" Federal offering (the theory is wallymart had them do this since when the ammo-shortege was in-effect last year LGS's were buying up all the Blazer Brass at $10 a box then putting it on their shelves and selling it at a mark-up).

ATK is the parent company of both so that's why I'm asking (seems the FC = BB theory/story might check out...), I've inquired with the company but have never gotten an answer...

At 2 different matches with different guys and different guns I saw that new Wally Federal consistently double feed in a gun that was working fine with Win White box the magazine before.

And another striker fired pistol that wouldn't ignite the primers although Win White box also worked fine.

Ahh, see here we go, after a bunch of searching around it seems that from what I've found that it's more likely that "Federal Champion" is really "Blazer Brass" (with cheaper, harder CCI primers) re-packedged into a new box rather than a "true" Federal offering (the theory is wallymart had them do this since when the ammo-shortege was in-effect last year LGS's were buying up all the Blazer Brass at $10 a box then putting it on their shelves and selling it at a mark-up).

ATK is the parent company of both so that's why I'm asking (seems the FC = BB theory/story might check out...), I've inquired with the company but have never gotten an answer...