Speedloader questions.

steel1212

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like the Comp IIIs. A couple tricks and they work very well... you do need to enhance them. You need to plug the little hole that goes into the ejector and you need to cut off some of the face otherwise the rounds wouldn't load into the cylinder well. These mods are required in my eyes.

CPWSA's Ready Tactical pouches are the best IMO.

Yup, forgot to look at Chris's website! Do you have pics of the mods?

The process is listed in FAQ,s on the Revo Forum. Not good pics but you should get the idea. I cut mine down a lot more than depicted. I don't know if you want to go that radical as I do. Mine are cut just enough for the rims to hold in the holders. Several holders out there. Bob Purdue, "North Mountain", has a new design out for holders. You may want to check his out. later rdd

Pretty sure those went Idpa legal :-)

A heads-up that Safariland holders aren't, either. BladeTech & ReadyTac are.

Anyway, how many speed loaders do you guys generally have?

For IDPA, 2 in front of the holster, 1 behind, and a 4th (a compII) in my pocket for LAMR. For ICORE/USPSA, I'll put 5 on my belt and LAMR from my pocketed compII.

Do you guys cut the speedloaders as much as in that link? I cut mine so that the holes are even with that plastic star in the middle. I've used ones that were cut lower than mine and it seemed like the cases wobbled to much.

Do you guys cut the speedloaders as much as in that link? I cut mine so that the holes are even with that plastic star in the middle. I've used ones that were cut lower than mine and it seemed like the cases wobbled to much.

I remove the center pin (trigger pin?)on my Jetloaders, cut/sand the housing flush with the star and re-assemble. Fast, easy and works great.

Edited by nashvillebill

I cut mine flush with the star. The inner plunger protrudes. I also do mine on my band saw. Takes about 2 minutes each. 'Course, could take 2 minutes to ruin a speedloader, so slow is good.

I've also experimented with filling the inner plunger hole with JB Weld. Seems to release the round a bit sooner during The Release, and there's no countersunk hole for the ejector star plunger to get hung up on when the speedloader's supposed to drop away. Doesn't seem like a bad idea, as I've noted the recent additional JetLoaders I just bought have a solid plunger, i.e. no hole.

Tom

You can see from the picture in my avatar that I cut them down pretty far. ;)

I've seen your reloads... but I don't know how the rounds don't wobble enough to cause you grief!

I've also experimented with filling the inner plunger hole with JB Weld. Seems to release the round a bit sooner during The Release, and there's no countersunk hole for the ejector star plunger to get hung up on when the speedloader's supposed to drop away. Doesn't seem like a bad idea, as I've noted the recent additional JetLoaders I just bought have a solid plunger, i.e. no hole.

This is probably the most important mod IMO. Can't understand why but without that hole plugged up it cause all kinds of issues. I found an appropriately sized rivet and glued the head into the hole. Nice ejection is key. :D