Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 9mm mags & JHP's

Victor_R

My 9mm Spartan with Tripp mags doesn't like 124 MG JHP's very well for some reason. I switched to 125 Zero JHP's and they work much better although I have experienced two hang-ups with even them. I going to try a 10# recoil spring this afternoon to see if that helps too but I plan to stick with the Zero bullets for this gun.

what did you use, and how/where did you polish?

I used some 400 grit sand papper wrapped around a pencil. I figured if I polished this area the bullet wouldn't bind up. It is a contact point and if there is a grove along this area it will cause the bullet to catch and in turn make the bullet nose dive. It was just a though so I figured why not polish it and see what happens. So far I'm not getting any hang ups. Here is where I polished. I did both sides.

JHPs004.jpg?t=1291309589

Has anybody tried the Metalform 'Ultra' 9MM/10 round mags Dawson has on sale? They look to be the only 10 rounder with the 'feed ramp' built into the front, and that seems to be what everyone loves about the Springfield Metalforms.

I want to stock up on mags, but haven't heard of a 9mm/10 round mag yet that works for everyone-

Larry

I have 4 of the Dawson 10rnds and 4 4 Tripp 10rnd mags. They both feed great, the only problem I have is with the Trip mags not dropping free with rounds still in them. The let the top round slide forward when cycling so it sticks out a touch. I haven't played with them to much to fix the problem though.

The Dawson mags work great, I just need to get the right basepads and I am set. They do cost more though.

I have a bunch of 9 round Metalforms that work great also, never had a problem with them.

• 2 weeks later...