Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

accurate #2

Dillon b

does anyone use this powder for .45 loads? i came across five pounds of it for 15 dollars a pound so i had to get it. Data lists I can even use it for 40major. I loaded some up and it smoked less than titegroup but a little more than n310. its not near as dirty as wst or 231. It seems very soft shooting for a 170 pf load. i loaded it at 5.5 gr with a 200 lswc. Has anyone else used this powder much, and if so, are your experiences good with it?? i searched but its users seem few and far between.

I mainly used it for 9mm and .38 SPL lead bullet loads. I have shot lots of it in the past and I think it is a great powder. One good thing is that since it is a fine ball powder it meters really well is good and clean from my experience. I never used it in .45 ACP but since it is a fast burning pistol powder it should work fine.

Neal in AZ

I started from the accurate website My link. shooting it today it seemed as if is a little snappier than n310 but not by much. I shot 500 rounds of it through a gun today with no problems and not that much buildup. The load that I was using was very accurate and yes it meters great. I just wonder the temp sensitivity of it as we are approaching winter, i would hate to load a couple thousand to a 170 to 172 pf and then i go to a match on a cold day and its at a 162 or something like that.

i love #2. its cheap and the recoil impulse feels fantastic imo. even at 170pf. my friend turned me onto it and thats really the only powder he uses now. the biggest thing is that you already like the way it feels. who cares if nobody else does. that being said i like it and use it. :cheers:

• 1 month later...

I used to run MG 230gr FMJs with 4.5-4.6gr of AA #2, this stuff runs great, aside from a bit of unburnt powder inside the gun. I'm not sure what PF that ends up at, its possible this is too light of a load and needs a little more to clean up the burning. One note, $15/lb for a 5lb jug is pretty normal for this powder, I think the last jug I got was from Powder Valley.

Edited by kalaur

I've used it, very soft shooting powder. The reason I stopped is, my buddies and I shoot off tarps so that it is easy to pick up the brass, and after 200 rounds there's all this greenish-gold dust on the tarp. At first we thought it was just pollen or something, but on further investigation it was the filler that AA uses in this powder. It seems soft enough that it wouldn't hurt the barrel, but who knows, so I quit using it.

Anybody else notice this? I've experienced this with #5 #7 as well, but at the time I didn't realize it was from the powder.

• 5 weeks later...

great powder. Use it in my 9mm under a 147gr bullet. As said before, great when shooting low light or flashlight work. Little smoke. Negative: VERY HEAT SENSITIVE. Start shooting in hot weather and it goes down in power significantly.