Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open 22 Buckmark

BlackBuzzard

Option one: Browning Buck Mark Lite (factory alloy barrel) 5.5in .22LR (six oz lighter than steel barrel version), Allchin mount, Cmore sight.

Option two: Browning Buck Mark .22LR; Tactical solutions 5.5 in barrel; Allchin mount and Cmore sight.

Option three: Browning Buck Mark .22LR; Tactical solutions 5.5 in barrel; Tac solutions Trail-lite compensator, Allchin mount and Cmore sight.

Does the Trail-lite Tac. Solutions compensator on a 5.5in barrel 22LR really do much at all in managing muzzle flip?

I mean we are hardly talking major PF ammunition here.

Is the Tac. Solutions alloy barrel worth the marginal extra $ over the Buckmark factory lightweight with 5.5 alloy barrel? The Tac Sol barrel can be had in threaded version of course for the comp if I go that way.

Some feedback please.

BB

edited correcting pac to trail

Edited by BlackBuzzard

I like like Option 2. BTW, they are called Trail-Lite barrels. Pac-Lite is for the Ruger as I recall.

I'm sure there are some that will argue about this, but I think the comps are more for looks. My TacSol Buckmarks do NOT have a comp and the muzzle doesn't flip at all.

You can see some of the TacSol Buckmarks I've worked on in this album:

http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss276/dkent72/BuckMark%20Stuff/

Darren

I like Comps on my .22's. But I use .223 Steel comps. I've got a couple with SureFire MB556K brakes and a couple with older comps. I like the way the gun tracks with the little bit of weight at the end. I think the comp takes the tiny little bit of recoil out and holds the gun on target perfectly for me. The Tac Sol Comp is pretty cheap to begin with. It's easy enough to buy the barrel and the comp and see if you like the feel with the comp.

I would go with option 3. I have a Tactical Solutions 5 1/2" barrel with comp on my Buckmark and the comp does make a difference. I have no experience with the Browning barrel. I have 3 Tactical Solutions barrels and I think they are worth the money.

Just FYI; The Browning Factory Lightweight barrel is a TacSol barrel (iirc)

I have both the 5.5" non threaded and 4" threaded barrels...cant tell much diff in them.

The TacSol comp is strictly ceremonial. It does make the gun sound neat;-)

I had a local gunsmith make an awesome custom comp for my 4" TacSol...it's neat, but doesnt really make any recoil/muzzle flip difference. It looks cool, sounds cool, and makes RO's take a step back, but no performance value that I can measure.

YMMV;-)

I recently bought a 5.5" TS barrel with comp and the comp does make the recoil feel different. With the comp, the recoil is a little "quicker" and it feels cleaner if that makes sense. Without the comp, the muzzle rise is really no more but the recoil feels a little more sluggish. I was really surprised how different the gun felt and plan on leaving the comp in place. Next, I'd like to try a 3-4 chamber conventional comp to compare it to the muzzle brake-style TS comp.

i have a buckmark set up like the number three option but with a fastfire dot. I don't really notice much difference in muzzle flip between this set up and another buckmark I have with the longer 7+ inch Tac Sol barrel. Both are really fun to shoot.

I have shot a buckmark with the T&S setup with there comp but I prefer a miculec comp or a jp the treads are 1/2x28 same as a AR here's my 22/45 with a miculek comp much quicker fill and you don't have to worry about the timer picking up your shots ITS noisy.

post-26600-099407200 1290362555_thumb.jp

Edited by mark carr

Ya it is a blast to shoot it has a crisp pop in your hands dot doesn't really move its more of a vibration its a stock ruger barrel threaded to 1/2 28 volquartsen trigger set at 2lbs I am shooting this thing faster than I ever shot a 22 on steel and I have been doing it since 82. This Ruger challenge stuff is fun.