Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp-Tac's "The Beltfeed"

babob

Legal. Do a search for the beltfeed before buying. It seems to not have much of a following. I would imagine it limits flexibility in mag placement. Might grab a mag and snag another if they are too close together.

I did an advanced search for "beltfeed" and got two pages of good reading. Some love it and some don't.

Edited by Sarge

Thanks for the info Sarge.

I currently have the Pro Comp Kit for my G21SF and love it. I wanted another CTac rig for my G34 and want to shoot Production in 2011. I really thought that The Beltfeed was the way to go but without being able to try it first I think that I'll just order another Pro Comp Kit for the G34 along with an extra twin mag. pouch. Of course the holster and mag carriers will all be red. :D Will four 10rd spare mags be enough? :unsure:

Thanks for the info Sarge.

I currently have the Pro Comp Kit for my G21SF and love it. I wanted another CTac rig for my G34 and want to shoot Production in 2011. I really thought that The Beltfeed was the way to go but without being able to try it first I think that I'll just order another Pro Comp Kit for the G34 along with an extra twin mag. pouch. Of course the holster and mag carriers will all be red. :D Will four 10rd spare mags be enough? :unsure:

4 on the belt is pretty typical in production. I carry five singles but don't know for sure if I've ever gone that deep on a stage.

4 on the belt and an 11 round starter mag in the pocket is 51 rounds. Only you can be the judge if that is enough.

I carry 5 on the belt too. There have been times that I have went to that 5th mag, usually it was after clearing a malfunction or something similar. I am currently using Comp-Tac singles since it is close to my IDPA setup. I am thinking about getting CR pouches though.

I carry six on the belt at Make Ready, typically -- but will go to six at the start signal if the stage seems to require it. I once stripped off two mags coming through a door at Nationals -- and never knew they were missing until I was done shooting....

I go five on the belt plus a start mag in my pocket. I once stripped two mags off going through a door as well...luckily, it was shooting Limited, so I had enough to finish the stage, but Prod or SS and I would have been toast.

I like the Belt Feed for SS, and can see it would be okay for Production mags as well. I will say that Ready Tactical pouches can get four in the same space as the Belt Feed, but nothing else I know of will. R,

I wanted to like the beltfeed, but I couldn't get a clean grab of mag #3. I spent a few weeks dry firing with it, and it just didn't work out. I sent it back for 4 singles. Thankfully, comp-tac is very good about their return policy. You really have nothing to lose but your time to try it.

Contributing to the thread drift:

I've got the Comp-Tac for my CZ, and eventually want one for my Glock as well. It took about two hours of re-training to get the mags reliably without accidentally stripping the next mag in the row. For my body size/shape what worked best was actually move the BeltFeed about two inches behind the hip bone, as well as make my motion for grabbing a mag like doing a draw (e.g up and then out), rather than a swipe.

Getting the thread back on the rules:

Somebody once questioned the legality saying that the outer mag is too far away from the inner belt. It was more of quiet grumbling rather than an actual protest. Nobody actually measured during the match, but when I got home, I measured and I was happy to note that I was legal and still had about three fourths of an inch to spare. This is with my CZ mags. I don't know if the same would be true for the wider Glock mags, but with my current leeway for my CZ mags, I would assume Glock mags won't have a problem. Any Glock owners measure yours?

Somebody once questioned the legality saying that the outer mag is too far away from the inner belt. It was more of quiet grumbling rather than an actual protest. Nobody actually measured during the match, but when I got home, I measured and I was happy to note that I was legal and still had about three fourths of an inch to spare. This is with my CZ mags. I don't know if the same would be true for the wider Glock mags, but with my current leeway for my CZ mags, I would assume Glock mags won't have a problem. Any Glock owners measure yours?

I've measured mine and it's legal with 9mm/.40 mags. I'm not certain if one for the 10mm/.45 mags would be -- that might be pushing it....

I wanted to like the beltfeed, but I couldn't get a clean grab of mag #3. I spent a few weeks dry firing with it, and it just didn't work out. I sent it back for 4 singles. Thankfully, comp-tac is very good about their return policy. You really have nothing to lose but your time to try it.

I think it sucks in dryfire or practice, where you're focused only on the execution. I've never had a problem in a match -- where I do have a different mindset...

• 2 months later...

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=33

This may be a silly question but I'm fairly new to USPSA rules and I just wondered if Comp-Tac's "The Beltfeed" is legal for production division? I assume it's ok for Limited also?

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Going back to the Legal part, Looking at Appendix E2 and E3 in the rule book, as long as the mags are less than 2 inches from inner belt (app. E2) and behind the hip bone (app. E3) you can use them.

• 1 month later...

I just saw one at a local match and no said anything about it not being legal.

I think it is just a comfort question for you. if you like it and it is legal then use it.

Are CR Speed pouches legal in production. if so can you change the angle to have them where ever you would like them.

I think I am thinking of IDPA where i believe they aren't legal and if you have adjustable cant mag pouches they have to be like 10 degrees from upright.

I just saw one at a local match and no said anything about it not being legal.

I think it is just a comfort question for you. if you like it and it is legal then use it.

Are CR Speed pouches legal in production. if so can you change the angle to have them where ever you would like them.

I think I am thinking of IDPA where i believe they aren't legal and if you have adjustable cant mag pouches they have to be like 10 degrees from upright.

CR Speed and adjustable magazine pouches are legal in USPSA Production. I've been using them for years. Angle them however you want. They just have to be within the 2" rule.