Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio USPSA

I was recently contacted for an interview in Central Ohio. If I decide to move that way, how many USPSA matches are there in the central Ohio area?

Currently I live in Indiana and travel from 1.5 to 2.5 hours to shoot club matches.

Do I sound like an USPSA addict or what?

Welcome to Ohio! I am sure there are a number of clubs that you will find on the USPSA site that are close. I shoot at a club in NE Ohio but that would be too far for you. I believe the Ohio Sectional is being held near Cincy next year...might want to check it out.

Richard

The pickaway club in circleville is the closest to central ohio. I live on the far north end of town, it takes me an hour to get to the club. if you were on the south end of town it would take about 30 minutes. other clubs are 1 hour and 40 minutes to 2 hours away

Currently I live in Indiana and travel from 1.5 to 2.5 hours to shoot club matches.

Do I sound like an USPSA addict or what?

If you're willing to drive 1.5 ~ 2.5 hours to shoot club matches, you'll find plenty to do here in Ohio. I drive about 0.5 to 1.5 hours to get to 4 different clubs around SW Ohio. I'll bet you can find 3 clubs within 2 hours drive of central Ohio if you look around. Plus Pickaway offers USPSA, IDPA, Bianchi, and Steel Plate matches to anyone who is willing to try new and different shooting sports.

I'm sure you can get to Miamisburg within a decent drive, 2nd Sunday, and they shoot all winter. Next Spring see how far you are away from Miami Rifle and Pistol club, (outside of cincy). I'm pretty new and have only shot one match at MRPC, but they have a lot of room to work with there so they can make some cool 30 round stages(lots of swingers and drop turners etc). I'm located in Dayton, so my knowledge is based on that. As Chris said, Circleville should definitely be close to you, they put on great USPSA and Steel Challenge matches there. I'm rarely off on a Saturday, so I don't go as much as I would like to. Hope to see you on the range sometime!

I'm sure you can get to Miamisburg within a decent drive, 2nd Sunday, and they shoot all winter. Next Spring see how far you are away from Miami Rifle and Pistol club, (outside of cincy). I'm pretty new and have only shot one match at MRPC, but they have a lot of room to work with there so they can make some cool 30 round stages(lots of swingers and drop turners etc). I'm located in Dayton, so my knowledge is based on that. As Chris said, Circleville should definitely be close to you, they put on great USPSA and Steel Challenge matches there. I'm rarely off on a Saturday, so I don't go as much as I would like to. Hope to see you on the range sometime!

Just a word of warning ............ starting in 2011 Miamisburg will be running their matches on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Make note of it! ;)