Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WITNESS ELITE GOLD TEAM

Texas45

Yes its still a problem, you can go custom and buy "Tuned" magazines from a third party but that is something I pretty much refuse to do just to get a gun to run. I flatly refuse to buy a gun from a company that cant get their act together and actually make a magazine that works with the guns they are selling.

Unless I was building an Open gun and in that case would have to get aftermarket mags anyways, I dont see the justification for 38 super, more expensive to shoot than 9mm. If you like the design and want a non comped 9mm the CZ is a much better choice.

I will be running in 38 SC shortly, it doesn't work well in 9mm due to the mag's :cheers:

Joe4d, I understand your pain but my STI's while they run fairly well on untuned mag's with tuned mag's it increase capacity and run much much better.....I think that the CZ is FAR inferior gun so I don't know why you comment on Tanfoglio....there is little comparison in quality.... :sight::devil:

Brass is not my major expenses it's actually rather a minor one.....compare to shooting level 3 and all the gear I have :devil:

Yes its still a problem, you can go custom and buy "Tuned" magazines from a third party but that is something I pretty much refuse to do just to get a gun to run. I flatly refuse to buy a gun from a company that cant get their act together and actually make a magazine that works with the guns they are selling.

Unless I was building an Open gun and in that case would have to get aftermarket mags anyways, I dont see the justification for 38 super, more expensive to shoot than 9mm. If you like the design and want a non comped 9mm the CZ is a much better choice.

I would be perfectly happy to go the "tuned" mag route if that is what is required to make one work. I would really like to have a Witness based open gun but only in 9mm major. I have no interest in 38super.

I would be perfectly happy to go the "tuned" mag route if that is what is required to make one work. I would really like to have a Witness based open gun but only in 9mm major. I have no interest in 38super.

Mine's out getting mags tuned for it... when I get it back I'll let ya know how it goes. Hit me with a PM so I can get back with you.

Mine's out getting mags tuned for it... when I get it back I'll let ya know how it goes. Hit me with a PM so I can get back with you.

JThompson

The 9mm witness may be the best built gun in the world, but it is pretty worthless without magazines. With the CZ at least you can buy magazines that work. If you want an open 9mm finding a small frame may be a better option and man those Czechmates were sweet looking.

I dont have a problem with tuning or aftermarket to get a gun to do something the manufacturer didnt intend. Like getting 30 rounds in the magazine, or running non spec ammo.

One model of this gun is advertised as a 18 round 9mm and should run 18+1 on decent factory ammo with the mags that come with the gun. Something this gun simply doesnt do, all the excuses in the world wont change that. Sorry if expecting a $2000 gun to work as advertised ruffles some feathers but I guess I am funny that way.

My .40 STI with factory American Eagle ammo and factory mags at factory capacity ran like a top. If it hadnt I would have been dealing with STI not paying a third party. Tuning and modification didnt come in util I wanted to run non spec ammo, extended mags, and increase capacity over factory.

I have an Elite Limited in 9mm and have been shooting it in competition for over three years and have 7 mags for it and they all feed flawlessly..... always have! I have never had one single feed issue with the gun or the mags so i have yet to figure out why everyone says the 9mm doesnt feed. I love mine. I shoot with three other guys that use the same gun... 2 of which use 38 super and 0ne uses a .40. the super almost always has at least one feed issue per stage and the .40 isnt much better. i say the proof is in the pudding....i say go for it. best gun made for the money.

Thanks for all the input. I have decided to go for it and have ordered. Found the Witness Elite Gold Team for $1571. new, and they actually had one in stock, can't beat what you get for the money.

Littletoe where did you get your mags?

Thnaks again for all the help!

Tom

Thanks for all the input. I have decided to go for it and have ordered. Found the Witness Elite Gold Team for $1571. new, and they actually had one in stock, can't beat what you get for the money.

Thanks again for all the help!

Tom

Thanks again for all the help!

Tom

Actually i ordered them all from EAA. had to bend the feed lips in a little on one of them but that is all.

• 3 months later...

Update on my Gold Team. Got it and went to shooting and had all the problems I had heard about. Even the mag from the factory was a problem (or so I thought) I work part time at Briley in the sales dept. and got all kinds of advice, all having to do with RELOAD YOUR OWN, RELOAD YOUR OWN, etc. Well I do not care to reload, right now, so was really upset with the situation. My choice of shells was the Federal 9mm 115 FMJ, and a shooter in my club suggested a heavier load and a lighter spring. So I ordered a Wolf 8 lb and 9 lb spring and put the 8 lb in and starting shooting the Winchester, white box, 9mm 115 FMJ (this shell is also just a smidgen longer than the Federal)and in all mags, factory and Hennings, it now RUNS< RUNS< RUNS !!!!!! I am sure you know the feeling of a gun that you can count on. All the guys in my club said today, " I thought you said that gun would not run" as I won 3rd place, out of 20, in our local Steel Challenge shoot! WOW

Edited by Texas45

awesome man.... glad you got it running...i used to shoot winchester white box and the gun loved it. recently started reloading and have since found out that my gun loves long loads... I have been loading at the maximum recommended oal and have even tried some a little over and it eats them like candy and are actually way more accurate. im still playing with my loads trying to find the one i want ....good luck with her man...

• 3 weeks later...

Well this week was a different story than last....

My first round 34 shots ( I think) and the gun ran flawless....THEN the next round I had issues with every mag. I put in gun. Looked like one round half in chamber and the next round pushing up into the first round locking things up. Took the barrel off, thinking maybe not enough oil or... and nothing was wrong. Put back together and had everyone saying the same thing, that I had never considered or quite frankly heard before. Was I strong with my left hand (70%) and weak with my right hand (30%) I am a right hand shooter, and was I gripping the gun tightly. I honestly, as a new shooter, had to answer I did not know. So caught up in thinking about the stages, reloading, shooting. SOOOO the next round, doing what I was told, the gun ran flawless again. And in the Qualifier shooting 5 fast, reload, 5 fast and then doing it again it never missed a beat.

My weekly "newsletter" LOL

This week with added left hand control and pressure, as discussed in last update, the gun ran flawlessly!!! I am improving along with the knowledge that my gun will run.

Lots of compliments on the look, feel etc. Not a one in town, Houston, TX, but mine, feel kind of special. :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

Adding life to an old post.....

I am having feeding issues with my 9mm limited shooting minor loads. It has a 10 lb spring and a new extractor. The issue im having is once i fire a round it is extracted and then jams in the slide perfectly parallel with the new round trying to enter the barrel. I was wondering if I am encountering the same issue as Texas45 was. I know im not doing a 70/30 grip like stated before. If I had to guess id say im more 20/80 (weak/strong) as a right handed shooter. Could this be causing jams due to not giving the gun enough force in the opposite direction to work the extractor/slide properly?

Thanks!

PHX, that what I discovered was wrong with me/mag. I did hours of dry fire with all my emphasis on my grip( I was also putting my index finger on my weak hand around trigger guard, changed that to full wrap, with weak hand,around strong hand) and I did not continue to have those issues.