Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help ...... really tight Tec-Loaders

mscott

I just received some used tec loaders, but these things are super tight. I tried Remington, Winchester, and Federal shells, so it's not the ammo. They are all really tight to load shells into and obviously no fun at all trying to jam shells into the gun with. The other ones I have are nearly new and have never been even close to this tight. I'm guessing a little time loaded or a heat gun might help, but I don't want to screw them up either. Is this a common problem? Any advice?

I just received some used tec loaders, but these things are super tight. I tried Remington, Winchester, and Federal shells, so it's not the ammo. They are all really tight to load shells into and obviously no fun at all trying to jam shells into the gun with. The other ones I have are nearly new and have never been even close to this tight. I'm guessing a little time loaded or a heat gun might help, but I don't want to screw them up either. Is this a common problem? Any advice?

yea, some of them are pretty tight. You just have to work thru it. try practicing with them with dummy loads and accomplish 2 tasks; get better at loading, and break in your new tubes!

jj

Load them with the maximum amount of rounds and leave them loaded for a couple of weeks. Then try them and see if they work better. I leave

mine loaded and in my shotgun bag year round, don't have a problem loading my shotgun or reloading the tubes.

Be careful with thoae ribs. They wear out in time. Pulled one from the pouch once and all the shells went flying. I would suggest filling yer tubes and do as JJ said.

Another word of advice-dont leave tubes in yer vehicle overnight the nightbefore a match. They will shrink and be way too tight. Ask me how i know.

The ribs really aren't a problem. Even after you get past the ribs there is a lot of tension getting the first shell all the way down. Today was the last match for the year, so maybe I'll get them broke in over winter.

Been thinking about this and thought maybe to take some electrical tape (tape in general) give some shotshells a few wraps to increase there outside dimension, fill the tec loaders up and set them in some hot water. It may reset the plastic enough to loosen them up.