Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open gun with strange C-More mount . . .

Pro2AInPA

IF the spacing and size of the two holes match EXACLTY the size and spacing of a Quinn/Cheely then your looking at a half hour labor more or less for a smith to drill/tap the remaining holes.

If the two current holes don't match---then more trouble then it's worth.

if the holes dont match you can have egw weld them up, they do nice work

Yep, but then you add in overnight shipping both ways and the cost of welding. If you got the gun for REALLY cheap, then it might be worth it.

The mount is a Hiett Technology Red Buff mount. I still have one on my Open Gun. There is nothing wrong with the mount itself and with practice you can rack it and go right into your grip pretty quickly. It will not be as fast as using a racker though but the difference is probably 1-2 tenths.

By the looks of it that looks like it might be an EGW built gun and if it is it is worth every penny. If it was unmolested by the original owner it should run well and any jams would probably be ammo related.

Brian

You may need to have a plunger tube installed too. The Red Buff mounts had the plunger tubes built into the mount.

I know the 1911 frame mounts replaced the plunger tube but my sti/sv mount still has the stock tube behind it.

You may need to have a plunger tube installed too. The Red Buff mounts had the plunger tubes built into the mount.

I know the 1911 frame mounts replaced the plunger tube but my sti/sv mount still has the stock tube behind it.

The Hi-cap Caspian I previously owned, had the plunger tube milled off to install the Red Buff mount. Have never seen a STI, with my own two eyes, with the Red Buff.

The Hi-cap Caspian I previously owned, had the plunger tube milled off to install the Red Buff mount. Have never seen a STI, with my own two eyes, with the Red Buff.

There were old caspians that had a bolted on plunger tube from the factory I believe.

The mount is a Hiett Technology Red Buff mount. I still have one on my Open Gun. There is nothing wrong with the mount itself and with practice you can rack it and go right into your grip pretty quickly. It will not be as fast as using a racker though but the difference is probably 1-2 tenths.

By the looks of it that looks like it might be an EGW built gun and if it is it is worth every penny. If it was unmolested by the original owner it should run well and any jams would probably be ammo related.

Brian

I want to run a sideways mount to get the dot lower.

Thanks for the help everyone.