Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 MGM Ironman

I was under the impression that there was always a secret stage at the Ironman. If the match is held as two matches over 6 days...the guys that shoot in multiple divisions will have a huge advantage on their second go through on any secret stage.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that there was always a secret stage at the Ironman. If the match is held as two matches over 6 days...the guys that shoot in multiple divisions will have a huge advantage on their second go through on any secret stage.

YES!! That is exactly what we want them to think too!!! :devil: (insert 30 second Dr. Evil laugh here....................................................................................) :D

Adios,

TG

• 1 month later...

I have been told by a most reliable source that there will be a heavy metal division at the Ironman this year. The only thing that would keep me from shooting trooper at the Ironman is shooting it in Heavy metal! How many others are willing to step up to the HM challenge t the ironman?

Check out our new web page. www.mgmironman.com Matt Burkett purchased the domain name for us about seven years ago and we are just now getting around to using it. Thanks so much Matt!!

There are going to be pretty regular updates/info appearing on the website from now on as we grow closer to match time. So far we have some great sponsors already signed up....especially since I haven't asked anyone yet!! Here is the short list...

FNH

Surefire

JP Enterprises

Safariland

STS

Big thanks to these guys for their continued support!!!

Adios,

TG

I just checked the registration page and was kind of bummed to see that if I get in I'll have to shoot Scoped Tactical. Not a big deal, but was hoping to do Trooper but can't get up there that soon. I may do scope tactical as a trooper though! :ph34r:

I'm looking forward to being one of those shooters who was enticed by 3-Gun nation. An average guy looking to have a good time. Something on the bucket list that I can add to all my other adventures I've had and plan to have in my lifetime.

Also....I couldn't find any info in regards to a second "long range" rifle for attempts on those bonus targets. Is that still an option? Do they get pre-staged at the locations from which those shots are taken?...if they are allowed?

I just checked the registration page and was kind of bummed to see that if I get in I'll have to shoot Scoped Tactical. Not a big deal, but was hoping to do Trooper but can't get up there that soon. I may do scope tactical as a trooper though! :ph34r:

I'm looking forward to being one of those shooters who was enticed by 3-Gun nation. An average guy looking to have a good time. Something on the bucket list that I can add to all my other adventures I've had and plan to have in my lifetime.

Also....I couldn't find any info in regards to a second "long range" rifle for attempts on those bonus targets. Is that still an option? Do they get pre-staged at the locations from which those shots are taken?...if they are allowed?

Long range guns of any configuration will be allowed again this year. If you shoot trooper, you have to carry it with you the entire match. They will NOT be prestaged. Hope this helps.

Adios,

TG

I will be shooting Heavy Metal gear again this year, as I have in the past, so if there is a HM class definetly count me in!

It's old school HM....single stack .45, 12ga pump, and .308 w/iron sights and 20 round mags. Should be fun!!

Adios,

TG

That's 2 for HM already! There has got to be more people wanting to step up to the challenge of heavy metal IronMan. I can't wait to spin the double spinner with my .308, skinny mini's look out! Let's try and get enough of a field that we can entice Mr. Kelly to bring out his big gun and play with us. It would be a shame for the godfather of heavy metal to shoot tac optics two years in a row at the IronMan.

Chuck, who said I was not going to shoot HM trooper style? I may be crazy, but going heads up with my single stack and pump against Mr. Smiths open blaster and Siaga would be heroic (I have had my fill of that sort of thing. remember my revolver in limited at nationals last year?). I plan on getting scored with my fellow heavy metal militia members, but I don't plan on humping my gear. Why should I put myself at a competitive disadvantage to the other HM shooters and carry my stuff along with not accepting help or cleaning my gun at the hotel room? I have shot it trooper the last two years in a row, I think that you guys will get by just fine with me in HM. I am looking forward to driving past you fellows on the way to the bunker stage in the truck, waving a cold drink and enjoying the AC. I think you should be more worried about getting the Nacy Kerrigan treatment from our favorite topshot, I hear he is going to go spider monkey on you. You might want to zero your rifle before the match this year as well, I hear that it helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Registration opens tomorrow and it seems some info has changed:

There will be no He-Man at this years MGM Ironman, only Heavy Optics.

Open, Limited, Heavy Optics and Trooper Class:

Will shoot from June 5th to 7th, Sunday thru Tuesday. Awards and prizes for these classes would be on Tuesday Afternoon.

Scoped Tactical:

Will shoot June 9th - 11th, Thursday thru Saturday with awards and prizes on the Saturday afternoon.

The Open, Limited and Trooper division winners that are eligible for the 3GN Shoot Off would need to be present on June 11th for a chance at the $5000 prize.

Well I was having a tough time deciding if I wanted to shoot trooper or just go with tactical scope, but due to my butt getting sent off to military training in Washington on the 14th, I'll definitely shoot Trooper :)

Man....

I just bought a new 5th wheel and had to put myself on a spending freeze. It was too good of a deal and with a new family addition, my wife and I were not having much fun traveling in a truck camper. I'm going to put myself on the waiting list and see what happens.