Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel framed Limited guns

Iggy42

All I have been seeing here is Caspian. Since I do not know what all goes into a custom build what would I be looking at price wise for a Caspian setup for limited.

$2400 for a full custom built on a Caspian frame.

PM sent.

Iggy,

Come out to the next match At Summit Point WV. While it is not on the club wesite yet we are planning on holding the match on Nov 27. I will bring my Caspian Limited gun and there will be S_I's in attendance also.

Sumiit Point Action Shooters website

You can sign up for email notifications ona the website also.

Alan

Thanks Alan, I was not happy that I missed the October event, but glad to know that there will be a November one. I thought I did sign up for the email list, but I will have to double check. From what I am seeing though it is looking like the cost may make a Caspian out of my reach for a bit yet, although I would like to check it out for perhaps a future build.

Are you dead set against a para? For the money your not going to find a widebody 1911 for any less. It reallly only leaves you with EAA, Or Para.I never heard of anyone so anti 2011 before. If you saw one in the classifieds for $1200 would you consider it? I'm just trying to guage why you are so against it.

JL

Are you dead set against a para? For the money your not going to find a widebody 1911 for any less. It reallly only leaves you with EAA, Or Para.I never heard of anyone so anti 2011 before. If you saw one in the classifieds for $1200 would you consider it? I'm just trying to guage why you are so against it.

JL

I have nothing against Para, I just have not been seeing them around, nor are there any Para dealers in my area (according to the PAra webiste). To be honest I have been hoping to get some info on an LDA 1911 one of these days, one issue at a time (want to get my competition gun squared away first since I can use my full size 1911 for carry). My issue with STI/SV really comes down to polymer grips. I have never liked plastic guns and after owning a Smith and Wesson M&P40 I lost interest in polymers. S&W makes a good product it just wasn't for me same with Glocks, and XD's (although if I had too I would consider an XD again). If I had the money I would be all for a Caspian build, but I just don't have 2500+ sitting around I can spend for a build. 1200 is going to be difficult enough. If I got a good deal sure I would consider it, after all there is a reason why STI/SV are so popular I just greatly prefer all metal guns and I am on a tight budget.