Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shot my reloads

Paul-the new guy

I loaded up 500 rounds using 115grn MG's, (Thanks to first class bullets and brass, they upgraded me from 115grn generics) :) any way, there was an IDPA Classifier this weekend. I was previously un-classified and I shot my own hand rolled bullets and I scored a 162.49 Not great for you rock star types but good enough for 2nd place in the marksman group :) I had 2 failure to feeds or so I thought..... I think I have developed a habit of riding the slide stop on my G-17....

Wait till you try some 124's or better yet some 147's!:cheers: I put in some range time with another shooter this weekend. When he shot his WWB intermixed with some of my reloads the difference was astounding. No noise, no kick, no kidding.

What powder are you putting under those 115 MG's?

BTW, what happens when you are no longer "Paul- the new guy" around here? :lol:

:rolleyes: I was thinking about that yesterday.... I guess I will go back to being Paul the old guy!

I already have some 124 MG hollow points ordered. I wish they would hurry up and get here. I have 500 pcs of brass cleaned primed and flared....

I used Tite Group, 4.8 grns I think. I am going to use the tite group for the 124's also if I get some 147's I will probably use a different powder.

I had 2 failure to feeds or so I thought..... I think I have developed a habit of riding the slide stop on my G-17....

I see this all the time....it doesn't happen all the time, but just enough to totally mess up a run here and there. I have the small (non-extended) slide stop on all of my Glocks now. I'd guess that 90%+ of all USPSA/IDPA shooters ditch the extended slide stop lever for the standard one for just this reason. R,

Yes, and also make sure that the slide stop/release is properly installed.

I have had dozens of shooters bring me their glocks to fix at matches...to find out that they put the pins back in in the wrong order and kinked up the little spring on the slide stop/release.

:rolleyes: I was thinking about that yesterday.... I guess I will go back to being Paul the old guy!

I already have some 124 MG hollow points ordered. I wish they would hurry up and get here. I have 500 pcs of brass cleaned primed and flared....

I used Tite Group, 4.8 grns I think. I am going to use the tite group for the 124's also if I get some 147's I will probably use a different powder.

3.3 grs of TG under those 147's is good place to start if you dont want to change powder?

Yep .. he's right about 3.3 grains of Titegroup with those 147's. It's a sweet load and this will be my second year of shooting nothin' but that load. Paul, you will find these forums better than apple butter. If you have an issue, at least five others have had the same issue and there will be a solution on this site! I totally understand the satisfaction of shooting your own loads.

Yep .. he's right about 3.3 grains of Titegroup with those 147's. It's a sweet load and this will be my second year of shooting nothin' but that load. Paul, you will find these forums better than apple butter. If you have an issue, at least five others have had the same issue and there will be a solution on this site! I totally understand the satisfaction of shooting your own loads.

Thanks for the tip, I am going to order some 147's next. Do you have an recomendations for TG under the 124's?

I am doing better in the accuracy department but I need to really work on speed now. When I try and go fast my points down really begin to add up :-) or in USPSA my 2 alphas go to Charlie mikes.... This is really a fun hobby though!