Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Annual Topton 3 man 3 gun team match

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are shooting rain or shine right? According to weatherbug it looks like there may be a chance of rain on Sunday. Just making sure. Its a long ride from georgia. Thanks

:surprise::roflol:;) We have shot in so much slop (rain, mud, snow-you name it) at Topton. Generally the only thing that slows it down is lightning and ice.

The match was fun. Even with one of our guys getting DQ'd

That sucked, especially since you guys were shooting well.

My squad finished horribly, but we all had fun (and learned a few things too).

We still had lots of fun. And Mr. DQ is still catching hell

To Dean and the ROs, thanks for all the hard work. It was a warm day with alot of shooters so it couldn't have been easy. Not to mention all the time leading up to the match. All the hard work is appreciated.

Thanks also to all the sponsors who supported the match like Hornady, Noveske, Nordic Components, Lancer Systems and Ergo Grip.

Team Blaster had a great time as we did last year. Saw a few places to do better but with the competition there, like Team Noveske ;) , you can't really make any mistakes. Look forward to next year.

Thanks again.

Thanks to all who planned and ran the match! Definitely on the list for next year.

200 yd plates :surprise: , in the sun, iron sights, poor planning/failed to think ahead and smoke the front sight, bad glare. :wacko:

Lesson learned.

In addition to always having a Bic lighter I think I might have to beat, bang, grind out a temporary sight hood for just such occasions.

Stage #1, lots steel, with the pistol, fun! :cheers:

David E.

Great stages again Dean. Honestly I liked the 3 shooters at once stages the best, besides them being the fastest. Getting the shooters/targets to interact like you did on stage 3 with the flipped birds was a great idea.

I killed my team on stage six, had no faith after that. :(

Thinking of hitting the range this evening to see if it was me or mechanical.

Edited by cas

Thanks to Dean, Matt and everyone that put this match together!

The old guys didn't do too bad, and like every team that shot the match, we learned some shortcomings. Not that Dean will not come up with even more challenges in the future. I really enjoyed the "windmill" stage, and think it would be a heck of a stage for a single shotgunner. GT Targets has a winner with that prop, in my opinion.

Thanks to all the sponsors we had over 19,000 in cash and prizes. Thanks also to my ros and everyone who helped run the match. I will have results up on the topton site I just have to get them to our web guy. Top 4 teams were

1st Greg Jordan Robbie Wheaton dean Deturk

2nd rob Romero jenson jones jeff cramblit

3rd Howard Thompson mig and chris rhines

4th Barry ruane Dave ohlasso James mckintley

Thanks again to all who participated

Thanks to Dean and the rest of the staff for putting on a great match. My team had a 6 hour ride, but it was worth it. This was our first time attending, and we will be back. Although it was a very long day, I had a blast!

After the match my team drove straight back to Greenville, SC. We got there at 6 am this morning. We slept for a couple of hours and then drove home to Savannah Ga. Made for a very long day. The match was worth it though

Thanks Dean and your crew for a wonderful match, we had a great time and I'm sure to be back next year. Loved the stages when we shoot together and stage 3 with the flippers was a blast. Great time, great weather, great match. Thanks again.

Big thank you to Dean and his crew for running a great match again this year.

Our team had some issues on stages 4,5,and 6, but we placed 32nd overall.

Need to work on our long range (mainly me) shooting.

Nice to know that the match will not be on father's day next year.

Thanks again and congratulations to the top teams.

Stages 5, 6 and 1 weren't good to our team but we still ended up in 10th. Three places up from last year so we are happy with that. Lets see how next year goes LOL