Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First reloads w/ VV powder

TheTailor

I just got done reloading my very first batch of reloads using VV320 and an OAL of 1.132. I setup four batches of 30 rounds each in 3.2, 3.4, 3.6 and 3.7. I used Montana Gold 147gr CMJ. These will be fired out of a Glock 34.

These are my very first reloads. It was a lot of fun building my bench, setting up the equipment, and cranking out some reloads. I had a very slow start, but I wanted to be sure I understood all the operations involved.

I won't be able to test out this rounds until the weekend. Anyone with some experience that could give me an idea what kind of power factors I will be hitting with these grains?

IMG_0423.jpg

Thanks!! :devil:

Edited by TheTailor

PF will depend on the gun. I loaded these bullets over 3.6 N320 at 1.14 and got around 133-135 out of a G34.

+1 sarge, after I wiped up loads in "THE LAB" I gaged check and load em in my magazines to make sur they feed well I then rack em out by pulling the slide back till the mag is empty. when I started loading i had a hard time puting and geting a few out cause the col was to long! dont lol at me! lol....

kinetic bullet puller is your friend...started someone out in reloading, tried to sell him the hammer as well, he said he didnt need it...yeah right...bout a month later he calls me....needs it, apparently he loaded around 150 rds without looking up atthe empty powder measure....

kinetic bullet puller is your friend...started someone out in reloading, tried to sell him the hammer as well, he said he didnt need it...yeah right...bout a month later he calls me....needs it, apparently he loaded around 150 rds without looking up atthe empty powder measure....

As I was reloading, so much was going on initially I lost track at what grains I was dropping. I had to start pulling some bullets and doing them over again. One thing that really helped out was the case lube, there is a big difference when using it.

I need to get a good light, but other than that I am pretty much good to go. I was hoping to find an indoor range where I could chrono my rounds, but they don't have one available.

PF will depend on the gun. I loaded these bullets over 3.6 N320 at 1.14 and got around 133-135 out of a G34.

+1 sarge, after I wiped up loads in "THE LAB" I gaged check and load em in my magazines to make sur they feed well I then rack em out by pulling the slide back till the mag is empty. when I started loading i had a hard time puting and geting a few out cause the col was to long! dont lol at me! lol....

Marki, I hope you have pulled the firing pin outta the gun first, before doing that type of "chamber check". One of these days, you are gonna have one go bang, when you least expect it.

i like n350 for my 9mm and also i like wsf for medium to fp loads

p.s. do they cycle well in your glock? they just look kinda long

They cycle fine, plus it's what people are recommending with G34s. They have not been tested with live fire yet, that will happen this weekend. I took a comparison shot below of a Sellier & Bellot 9mm 115 Gr with an OAL of 1.161.

S&B on the left, my reload on the right.

IMG_0425.jpg

Marki, I hope you have pulled the firing pin outta the gun first, before doing that type of "chamber check". One of these days, you are gonna have one go bang, when you least expect it.

yes gumpy, I did then I lost it for a few days! freagin newbies! lol....

My Glock34 liked Precision Deltas the most with an OAL of 1.130 ... don't know why. The nice thing about the Glock is that as long as they'll fit in the magazine (Had a few that wouldn't take more than 5 rounds @ 1.165) the gun will eat them. Nice, deep chamber.

I was running either 3.4 Solo1000 or 3.2 titegroup under those, so not much help with your charge weight over here.