Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NC Star Tactical Sries

River Rat

Unless I am mistaken, NC Star is a rather low-end brand. They make a lot of knock-off look-alike products. You will find them for sale on a lot of airsoft sites.

Not sure about the quality, but here is a quote from another forum:

I had an NcStar scope and it was the biggest Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- scope in the world.

Your mileage may vary. Offer not available is all states.

P.S. The quote is verbatim including the "edited" comments.

Edited by Graham Smith

I had one on my AR. It was variable power, high magnification varmit type. At 100 yards, the point of impact changed almost two inches as I zoomed. I zeroed it at max magnification, and shot some groups, zoomed out to minimum magnification, and shot more groups. Almost two inches between the groups.

Note that I have a Mueller scope with similar features, but it keeps the same zero across the whole magnification range. If you want a good value in an economical scope, buy Mueller. Search for reviews over at rimfire central web page.

I have a SCABQ422B (4x fixed with an A2 handle mount). Maybe my barrel or upper is somehow crooked, or (more likely) the scope is messed up on the inside. Either way, the scope does not have enough travel for me to get a 100 yard zero. I can only get low and centered horizontally or right and centered vertically. That and three of the mounting screws came loose, causing me to lose one. On the bright side, customer service sent me two extra screws. The bottom line is that I would never buy another optic from NC Star.

They are junk that look "tacticool" typically sold at gun shows to the unsuspecting looking for something thats cheap and looks cool

That's basically how they got me, except replace "gun shows" with "Cheaper Than Dirt catalog".

I have one used one on my rifle, and it has worked fine for me. It has held zero for pretty well, but the zero does change a little with the different settings, but if you zero it on the max magnification you should be ok.

I primarily bought the optic to use until I decided which high end optic to use. It's a good value for a 100 dollar scope, but keep in mind you get what you pay for.

They are very popular at gun shows and websites and such... not all but most experiences wit them go like this...

1. I just bought my brand new [Fill in tactical rifle]...

2. I didn't save up enough money for a quality optic made by [Fill in optic brand]...

3. Oh look there goes a scope that looks just like the [Fill in previously mentioned optic]...

4. I will use this [Fill in NCStar model] just until I have enough to get the real thing...

5. I am really disappointed in the performance of this [Fill in NCStar model] even though I knew it only cost [Fill in the ridiculously low price of] so I will get on [Fill in favorite forum or website] and create a post and let everyone else know what kind [Fill in favorite expletive] of product this is...

Then the cycle stars over once more with someone new!!!!!

A lot of us have even been there before :cheers:

Edited by Moss_Berg5150

They are very popular at gun shows and websites and such... not all but most experiences wit them go like this...

1. I just bought my brand new [Fill in tactical rifle]...

2. I didn't save up enough money for a quality optic made by [Fill in optic brand]...

3. Oh look there goes a scope that looks just like the [Fill in previously mentioned optic]...

4. I will use this [Fill in NCStar model] just until I have enough to get the real thing...

5. I am really disappointed in the performance of this [Fill in NCStar model] even though I knew it only cost [Fill in the ridiculously low price of] so I will get on [Fill in favorite forum or website] and create a post and let everyone else know what kind [Fill in favorite expletive] of product this is...

Then the cycle stars over once more with someone new!!!!!

A lot of us have even been there before :cheers:

that's hilarious, and painfully accurate..

to the OP - referring back to gentleman jim's post, there is some chance you'll get a unit that is not a total POS and actually functions, but the chance of that actually happening is luck of the draw, and the price difference to step up to a "quality" entry level scope (e.g. Millet DMS) is relatively affordable (e.g. 100$ for an NCstar airsoft toy, or $250 or so for an real entry level optic). My $.02 - spend the delta and get something that may not be what you want in the end, but at least will likely not be a total write off.