Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting DQ'd at the Nationals

CPUFIXER

I can tell you I was VERY nervous sitting down on that stool even with my Ghost holster in semi-lock mode. I can certainly understand how that happened to Taran.

That's why I started stage 4 with my holster fully locked. I would have duct-taped it on, too, if I had had any. I was sure that the gun would fall out as I swayed on that rickety stool...

Stage 18 didn't bother me, except that, on the walkthrough, I couldn't figure out how the RO would follow me and not end up ahead of me. He figured it out, of course.

So far my only match DQ was from the same thing. With the same holser! I now start with the limcat locked on everything except a standing start, I even lock it on an uprange start! With the limcat you are only about .05-.1 slower with it locked on a standing draw, with that stage I don't think I saw any difference. Things happen, I feel bad for him, but I bet it never happens again...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't as worried about the seated starts as others on my squad were thanks to the old school CR Speed muzzle cup. Since the cup comes up over the end of the barrel it is harder to dislodge the gun than with the platform/nipple set up. Those running Ghosts or the like had to be VERY careful/start at half lock on the start or risk the dreaded walk of shame after the RO clears and reholsters the gun for you. :( That said, I was still nervous on those seated starts.

Joe W.

I am always nervous on anythign other than a standing start and would rather play it safe and lock my Ghost than take a chance of a DQ. Typically on a start like that unlocking while drawing doesn't affect much because you are having to do someting else that already affects the start.

Neal in AZ

Typically on a start like that unlocking while drawing doesn't affect much because you are having to do someting else that already affects the start.

Neal in AZ

Well put. For me I try and get my hand on the gun to keep it secure while getting up from the seated position just to be extra careful.

Joe W.

I was watching stage 18 and saw a competitor put one into the dirt on the draw. RO stopped him, drew a line in the dirt where he thought the guy's feet were, and called for the RM, who got out his measuring tape and measured off 10 feet plus a couple inches to the divot where the bullet went in. Reshoot.

I went down the left side on that stage - not only was it a bit shorter, it felt faster to acquire my freestyle grip coming from "lead with my SH elbow" going up the right side, than from "trail the gun" behind me going up the left. I also thought it less prone to breaking the 180.

Screwed the pooch anyway - tripped over the blasted fault line backing up onto the left side while shooting the front right targets after the draw. I was lucking not to have broken the 180 right then and there.