Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iPod Earbuds that won't fall out

My buddy jogs thrashes around at the gym pretty hard. He said he's tried quite a few brands of earbuds, but he hasn't found a pair that will stay in for an entire workout. So I figured someone would have something for him.

(I have a pair of Sure brand earbuds, that will stay in no matter what you are doing, but he's not ready to fork over that kind of cash at this ponint.)

be

My audiologist got me a pair of custom molded plugs or inserts that ipod buds fit into (they just snap in)

They look and fit just like the custom molded ear plugs I wear for shooting. However the ipod buds stick out a bit and wont fit under a helmet etc.

Someday I'll spring for a pair of custom molded ear 'monitors' like the musicians wear. Nice, but spendy.

Check with an audiologist, mine are by westone, but several companies make them.

Having said all that, I like my SkullCandy ear buds as much as anything else I've used. They stay in...even when mountain biking and running. They work great and have a 'mute' switch on the cord which I thought wasnt a big deal, until I started using them...now I couldnt live without it.

I should mention that I don't even notice the over-the-ear part when the buds are in. I was fearing that I would and would hate them, but there was so little out there with a short cord, and I knew I could remove the over-the-ear part anyway. I hated wearing my Bluetooth headset all day, but these things are great.

I forgot to mention that my buddy wears glasses.

be

They don't get in the way. I wear them with sunglasses with thick temples and my glasses with thin temples without issue. The over-the-ear parts are soft and unless his canals are at a really weird angle, it won't be an issue.

I use these from JVC, they have a spongy type bud that compresses into the ear, totally comfy and cheap too.

9244828_sb.jpg

They're pretty neat. I bought mine for when I'm riding motorcycle. The old ones kept falling out. The marshmallows stay put! :cheers:

+1 on these right here, I got'em, I like'em, I'm about to go run in them right now.