Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best spotting scope under $400

digerup

I didn't have the bucks to spend earlier this year when I was researching this, but one model that came up a few times was the Bushnell Spacemaster 20-45. In particular, reviewers liked the long eye relief - something missing on some others.

Overall, the manufacturer I saw mentioned the most was Kowa Konus, but prices were often over $500.

Sorry, I wasn't paying any attention to what I was typing... Let me try this again...

Overall, the manufacture I saw mentioned most in the low cost range was Konus. But prices for the most highly recommended scopes were often over $500

Edited by Graham Smith

I'm really happy with my Konus (Konuspot 80). Paid right around $200 shipped and have no complaints. I can't tell any difference between my scope and the Leupold model going for twice as much. There is a significant difference between the Konus and the Swarvoski; but for an extra $1200, there should be.

I have the Konus Konuspot-80 (20-60x80mm) also and it is excellent. I got mine a few years ago and at that time it was the best thing until you get to the Kowa for ~$800 if you want something appreciably better. I haven't been spotting scope shopping since then but I don't know if there's anything better for under $400.

I have both the Konus konuspot 80 and the Leupold Sequoia green ring.. In my opinion, the Konus is the better scope... I have also looked through the Bushnell with the mildot reticle, the glass is very clear as well.. Still for 225.00, the Konus is the better deal..

I bought a used 77mm Kowa (as used in NRA Highpower Rifle) for three-something and it is NICE!

Holy Cow!!! I think those things are something like $1000+ new.

The one I got is the TSN-1, which has been discontinued for awhile. It's a great scope though.

• 1 year later...