Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Town

DyNo!

Just got back - it wasn't bad. It was blatantly "Heat" but directed by Ben Affleck and set in Boston.

It lacks sophistication without DeNiro and Pacino but I'd tack it at about 80% of what Heat was to me.

The gunplay isn't as intense as Heat but it is fairly realistic with touches of detail.

If you've seen Heat, you've seen this movie. If you're the kind of person who could watch Heat again, you won't regret seeing "The Town."

Edited by DyNo!

I did some training when I was in the U.S last year and my instructor was attached to Boston S.W.A.T

He was hired as a consultant and subsequently got a small role in the movie.

He sent me some pics from the set, all kitted up sitting next to Affleck.

They invited him to the red carpet premiere at Fenway Park last week.

I look forward to seeing it.

Mick

I did some training when I was in the U.S last year and my instructor was attached to Boston S.W.A.T

He was hired as a consultant and subsequently got a small role in the movie.

He sent me some pics from the set, all kitted up sitting next to Affleck.

They invited him to the red carpet premiere at Fenway Park last week.

I look forward to seeing it.

Mick

I was wondering who they hired as a consultant. I thought it was the same guy who worked with Michael Man on other movies like heat as well. Eitherway the trailer and the gun fights scenes look good. Looking foward to see it.

Sandro

I was wondering who they hired as a consultant. I thought it was the same guy who worked with Michael Man on other movies like heat as well. Eitherway the trailer and the gun fights scenes look good. Looking foward to see it.

Sandro

Mann has used Andy McNabb and Mick Gould a lot as a firearms consultant. Taran Butler worked on Public Enemies.

No firearm trainer/consultant is listed on the IMDB page for The Town.

I enjoyed it. I wasn't blown away or anything, but it was a decent heist flick.

Saw it last night - that was my take on it. Afleck was good and did a fairly good job directing it, and Jon Hamm (from Mad Men) was good as the head FBI guy.

If Heat was a 10, I'd give it a 7 - 8.

be

If you've seen Heat, you've seen this movie. If you're the kind of person who could watch Heat again, you won't regret seeing "The Town."

seeing as how ive seen Heat about 50 times, i guess i should go see this one! Ive been wanting to see it and i supposemy mind is made up now :)

Just got back - it wasn't bad. It was blatantly "Heat" but directed by Ben Affleck and set in Boston.

It lacks sophistication without DeNiro and Pacino but I'd tack it at about 80% of what Heat was to me.

The gunplay isn't as intense as Heat but it is fairly realistic with touches of detail.

I liked it,

lots of guns...

ALan

It's certainly worth the price of admission....thumbs up. Funny fact from a radio interview about the "making of": throughout the entire course of making this film, especially the "stadium scenes," BPD only received ONE 911 call related to the sound of gunshots. !?

I concur. I saw the town over the weekend and enjoyed it. I am a big HEAT fan so this was certainly along the same lines, though I feel that HEAT had a bit more style while this movie tried to play the edgier side of the heist storyline. I also really enjoyed the boston setting, I completed my undergrad there so I have a affinity for the north east.

CAZ