Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA mag well

JxMAN25

If you are going to shoot Production Division and choose to modify your gun then you need to become familiar with the USPSA rules. Go to www.uspsa.com and download the rule book. Read the rules and understand them so you know what you can or can't do. Fully understanding the rules will make you a better competitor so there really isn't a good reason to not know the rules.

Guys, give him a break...He's 15 years old, trying to get started! Production is all about being able to buy a pistol and take it to the match and shoot without any major modifications. What the rules say is (to paraphrase it) that if you can see any external modifications, then you are no longer in production, but open. You can change the sights, add grip tape (per the appendix in the rules, which only allows it on the front and rear strap, and the side panels of the grip).

Why doesnt it make sense to modify your gun to shoot production? Some people like shooting production and being compeitive it that division, you dont have to shoot limited or open to modify your gun. Some people in this sport have the mind set that the only REAL divisions are limited and open which is total B.S! To JxMAN25 you can modify your trigger, sights, springs, grip tape, Guide rod etc. + 1 Grumpy

Why doesnt it make sense to modify your gun to shoot production? Some people like shooting production and being compeitive it that division, you dont have to shoot limited or open to modify your gun. Some people in this sport have the mind set that the only REAL divisions are limited and open which is total B.S! To JxMAN25 you can modify your trigger, sights, springs, grip tape, Guide rod etc. + 1 Grumpy

They are only talking about modifying them to the extent that you can in Limited and Open and not the internal mods and such that you can do with Production. Basically that if you want to tinker with LOTS of mods (externally)...then Production isn't really the division to do it, since it's against the USPSA rules. They aren't saying Production isn't a fine and fun division. Basically, nobody is bashing Divisions...at least the way I read it :cheers:

Though I will say...WELCOME TO USPSA AND COMPETITIVE SHOOTING...to the future competitor asking questions. You'll have a blast and people here really will help you and are willing to answer questions honestly if not with a little "tongue in cheek" humor at times.

Yeah if you want to modify your gun to make it "better", then shooting production doesn't make any sense.

muahdib4 read this ^. This comment was not as you said they are only talking about modding them to the extent of limted or open. It Clearly says If you want to modify your gun to make it better then shooting production doesnt make any sense.

Yeah if you want to modify your gun to make it "better", then shooting production doesn't make any sense.

muahdib4 read this ^. This comment was not as you said they are only talking about modding them to the extent of limted or open. It Clearly says If you want to modify your gun to make it better then shooting production doesnt make any sense.

The word "better" is in quotation marks...denoting that it's about better as a perceived thing rather than truly factual. You can mod any gun to make it better for you personally in any Division within the rules. Basically, some guys think a huge oversized mag release is "better" and some don't since they may have larger hands causing the mag to be released at odd times they didn't intend. Just like the fact that some guys like certain triggers in Glocks and some guys like others (or stock in my case). Some guys like Production and some like Open Division. Neither is "better" than the other. They are just different.

Guys, JxMan25 asked a simple question, he's new to the sport, it was anwered. Let's not turn this into a bickering about what the meaning of this is or the meaning of that is....Let's put on a good front so we don't scare new shooters away....My .02...

I agree...and I apologize. I usually don't get involved and I should have stayed out of this. :ph34r:

I the context of this thread, the original poster was talking about adding a magwell. This would lead me to believe they want to modify their gun beyond what Production rules allow.

I have no idea why you are freaking out over that comment. I'm not bashing anyone, just trying to get a new shooter's expectations aligned with what the divisions allow.