Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloads with movement

LINC

Been working on reloads with movement to the left (right handed shooter). If i dont make the reload before turning two things happen, i miss it during the turn or i break the 180. Any advice on this would be appreciated. I may just have to stick that reload before moving.

Work on keeping your upper body torso pointed downrange but being able to turn hips and have lower body move in the direction you want to go. Think tank turret, that way I'm always pointing gun downrange in safe direction but can move any direction. Then you will be able to make the reload in the first step or two.

For me, at an intermediate level, I find turning the upper body or aggressive movement of the lower body induces all sorts of movement in both the gun and magazine hands, making the meeting of the two problematic.

I've been told to try leaning into the direction of movement, and completing the reload during the lean, prior to turning the uppper body and/or driving off with the lower.

IOW, +1 to the above posts. :)

im a beginner too, doing the reload BEFORE the first step is what im trying to accomplish. there is a thread about reloading while on the move. im a noob anyway so even if it slows down the transition from still to moving because of the reload, its gonna slow me more if i do reload while moving.

the mechanics for reloading is to see your magwell, then stick that mag on it. doing that while moving? well.. i prefer that while im ABOUT to move. plus when im moving i want my eyes to be aware where my targets are and what im seeing. so i want my reload done before moving.

try what suits you better. that is the only way to find out.

This year I have learn something interesting: ...what we do when we not shooting? we are moving...

Pretty well this is what we do during our stage time.

IMO, when you need to make a reload to the left as a right shooter and can not do it in 1-2 steps/safe,

try to pull the magazine and run with it aggressively to the spot where you want to shoot next position,while you slowing

down make a reload. While you run, have your pistol oriented forward, in 30-45 degrees, when you start

to stop, bring your arm close towards your chest and having visual contact with the magwell make quick mag change.

Greetings

I kinda remembered my safety course. We were taught each time we are moving we better change mag (he is referring to 8-10 rounder shooters which most are when starting USPSA). But it should've been change that mag as fast as you can and start moving :ph34r: <- like a ninja :D