Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow Custom USPSA Range Report

G34 CORDY

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I had was with the double action/single action, was having hard time with that, but I only had limited time with the gun, but it's what made me not switch to one. Of course mabye with a good trigger job it wouldn't be that big of deal. I've been shooting my 34 so long now every thing else feels weird in m hand.

kamann with a good trigger you will hardly notice it if not at all. and after the da pull which in my shadow custom is sweet the sa pull is like heaven. now when i pick up my 34 it feels like a brick because the cz is so comfortable to me.

kamann with a good trigger you will hardly notice it if not at all. and after the da pull which in my shadow custom is sweet the sa pull is like heaven. now when i pick up my 34 it feels like a brick because the cz is so comfortable to me.

In USPSA there is usually an initial target that is pretty close for the one DA shot - then like that man says, everything else is SA and smooth as silk, little if any recoil and right on target like a tack driver. It almost instantly made me a better shooter - or at least that is what I tell myself. Liked my XD but this is way above that.

After LOTS of troubles and tinkering with my sp01 shadow, I managed to obtain a 5.2/1.8 trigger (actual sear break is a crisp 1.1lbs on a lyman digital gauge), I used to compete with a g34, the tricked shadow is a much easier gun to compete with.

Now, if only my sp01 had my g34 .100 dawson front sight, I would be REALLY happy..

I used an Angus Competition hammer fitted to my shadow (the sides were a tad too thick I stoned it and now it's glass smooth), worked the sear (just polishing it, no angle altered), polish every contact surface to a mirror finish (even the inside of the shadow frame),worked very slightly the disconnector to remove DA pretravel and used the new 85s trigger from Angus.

Some magic with the mainspring, a lightened firing pin (that is the real secret, I managed to reduce the original one from 5.8g to 3.2)and with a little aid from dryfiring, voila, a perfect trigger pull.

I NEVER ever tought I would say it, but..now I look at my glocks with different eyes..and mind you..my glock has a trigger pull of not much over 1lbs..

I kind of was back and forth like yourself when I had my G34 but when I made the switch to the CZ I will never go back. It has so many advantages over the Glock. First like said above its a tack driver, the trigger pull is almost like cheating in production because it feels like a tuned 1911, the CZ is alot more comfortable than the Glocks, the recoil is like shooting a 22 mag lol. Iam not saying this because I own a CZ Iam just that impressed with it. I personally dont think there is a better production gun. And it feels like a real gun because its all steel haha. I use to love my polymer production guns until I started thinking outside the box. All of people are stuck on the Glock, M&P and XD for production and they are great guns but for competition there is better. Just my 2 cents but I bet if you shoot a Shadow Custom you will know what everyone is talking about. Also CZ Custom doesnt advertise it but you can pay a extra $100 and have the trigger lightened up alittle more thats what I did with mine.

G34 cordy,

You couldn't have told me about the additional trigger work prior to my order? Now I will always wonder how much better it could be. Mine is supposed to be in today and it has been a long day waiting on a phone call...

Sorry about that I forgot, but you can send your pistol back to CZ Custom for a clean up :D

Picked it up tonight. Really like it so far. I will not be able to shoot it until my Monday match but will get a little dry fire time with it. Really like the way the two tone looks in person as well. The action on it and trigger are very smooth. The mag release came in set up for a lefty and I had to figure out how to switch it but it wasn't too bad.

Been looking at these myself. Went to the shop in Tempe and checked one out in person, what a piece of gold. I may have to ditch the G17 and just do it. Wife is going to kill me though...lol

But, i'm sure she would to hear me come from a match not complaining about my Glocks.

Good thing about Glocks... they sell when you want to sell them. lol

G17G4 have you tried a CZ Shadow Custom yet? Thats what I have and I will tell you I have ditched my Glocks. The CZ is such a great comp gun. Buy one I bet you will be so much happier. :D

Haven't shot one yet. Only one guy at our matches has one, but he's an A Class Shooter. I have a massive problem with moth my Glocks as far as double/triple taps as after the first round hits... the 2nd goes everywhere but the target. I shot single stack 45 SA 1911A1 for years and the taps were never a problem. I wanted to go limited so I took the cheap route and went Glock and I can't shoot them for nothing.

When I hold my glocks they just don't feel right... when I held the Shadow at CZ, I even let out a "Ooooooh... this is really nice" The trigger was amazing. Haven't stopped thing about it sinse. Very close to a 1911 Feel....Glocks feel nothing like that at all. I see both my Glocks on backpage real soon... like tonight. I think i'm just going to bite the bullet and get a CZ Shadow..

Edited by G17G4

If you can afford it buy the Shadow Custom from CZ Customs. The trigger feels like a STI almost just plain sweet! The CZ is heavier which helps with follow up shots and paired with a 135ish power factor ammo its like shooting a 22 mag. I totally agree the CZ feels so good in my hand, I pick up my Glock and it feels like Iam holding a brick. Hope to hear a range report if you buy the CZ, once again if you can afford it get the Shadow Custom for CZ Customs you wont regret it. I have put the rest of my guns down so I can have more time for the CZ lol.

If you can afford it buy the Shadow Custom from CZ Customs. The trigger feels like a STI almost just plain sweet! The CZ is heavier which helps with follow up shots and paired with a 135ish power factor ammo its like shooting a 22 mag. I totally agree the CZ feels so good in my hand, I pick up my Glock and it feels like Iam holding a brick. Hope to hear a range report if you buy the CZ, once again if you can afford it get the Shadow Custom for CZ Customs you wont regret it. I have put the rest of my guns down so I can have more time for the CZ lol.

Cordy, you can give me my money now....If you'd listened to begin with, you wouldn't have a Glock paperweight now! :roflol:

Now, go buy an open gun...... B)

And, all this sounds vaguely familiar, from several months back! :cheers:

Edited by GrumpyOne

The Glock is now a night stand paper weight. I dont even shoot it anymore I thought about selling it but my fiancee wont let me lol. Iam not getting into open until I get tired of production which I dont see anytime soon. When and if I would go to limited but no time soon. Having to much fun in production.

Edited by G34 CORDY

Cool thanks for the input. I shoot limited minor (ecause i'm only setup with 9mm for reloading), so I think the Shadow Customer will do just fine, i'll have them put on a magwell, ext mags ect.

I'll keep you informed bro..

The Shadow Custom will do great, once to start to shoot it you will fall in love I sure did. I had to put grip tape on mine to get more grip but that was it. Keep me informed on how you like it. :cheers:

Edited by G34 CORDY

Looks like the CTS 9 (if it can handle 9Major) will probably be teh one. Calling at noon to see if it can handle the pressures of 9 Major.

Are you aware that 9mm major, does NOT make major in Limited.?

I'm a noob so bear with me....

why not? PF?

Looks like the CTS 9 (if it can handle 9Major) will probably be teh one. Calling at noon to see if it can handle the pressures of 9 Major.

Are you aware that 9mm major, does NOT make major in Limited.?

I'm a noob so bear with me....

why not? PF?

Because the rules, which might be a useful read for you ;) , say a minimum of .40" to make Major in Limited, Limited-10 and Single Stack. R,