Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Arizona!

arizonaguide

Hello,

Just got back to full time in the Phoenix, Arizona area, and I'm thinking of ways to get my shooting skills more developed...and what a great forum this is.

I'm somewhat confused, as I'm just an old single action revolver shooter (grew up in Alaska) and have now moved to a small Jframe for "tactical" use.

So, being a revolver guy...not sure how much I can contribute, but I hope to get involved somehow.

Perhaps some IDPA shoots, if they have a place for a 5-shooter Jframe.

So (of course), I'm a bit lost as to what's available to a snubby shooter for fun.

But, hope to learn and contribute any way that I can.

Anyway, NICE to be here on a more regular basis. :cheers:

Ty

WB to the forum and to Arizona. You will find lots of places to shoot. It just depends on how much you want to travel.

On the East side of town you have the Rio Salado Rifle and Pistol Club on Usery Pass Rd. Great place and a great bunch of guys. You can shoot your J-frame there on Tuesday Night Steel matches or on the weekly USPSA matches.

The also host a revolver only match the first Sunday of every month. This Sunday's match starts at 8 am. Bring you gun, a holster, some speed loaders and join in the fun.

On the West side of town go to Ben Avery Shooting Range off of I-17 and Carefree Rd. Great public range open Wednesdays - Sundays. The Cactus Combat League puts on matches on Thursday nights and on the First, third and fourth Sunday.

Phoenix Rod and Gun Club at South Mountain Park, 7th Ave as far as you can go south. They put on IDPA matches on Tuesday nights, Steel matches on Thursday nights and USPSA the first Saturday of the month, ICORE the second Saturday of the month.

I'm sure there are other places to shoot but these are where I spend my time. Come on out and join us. Come to the ICORE match and see if you like it. I'd upgrade to a K or L frame, get at least 5 sspeed loaders and a decent holster and pouch for the loaders. If you don't have that stuff lots of guys will have equipment they will lend you during a match. Look me up and I can lend you a revo and all the accessories for on of the matches to see if you enjoy it.