Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The next level (SC)

Six

I've been shooting IDPA, cowboy, and steel challenge for about a year now and recently started shooting USPSA as well at Mid-Carolina rifle club in SC.

I go out and shoot for fun, and usually end up doing pretty well. At least I've been pretty happy with my placement considering I don't practice, haven't invested much in gear, and usually just shoot the stage without too much planning or thought. Just show up and shoot.

Recently I decided that I'd like to take it to the next level, and try to see how much I can improve if I actually try to.

I'm not going for making a career out of shooting, reaching GM levels, or winning major events - but I'd like to at least be consistently competent rather than relying on lucky hits.

I've been lurking at BE forum for a while, but thought I'd be a bit more active and try to take in the advice and experiences of those who have gone before.

So yeah, hi :)

I've been shooting IDPA, cowboy, and steel challenge for about a year now and recently started shooting USPSA as well at Mid-Carolina rifle club in SC.

I go out and shoot for fun, and usually end up doing pretty well. At least I've been pretty happy with my placement considering I don't practice, haven't invested much in gear, and usually just shoot the stage without too much planning or thought. Just show up and shoot.

Recently I decided that I'd like to take it to the next level, and try to see how much I can improve if I actually try to.

I'm not going for making a career out of shooting, reaching GM levels, or winning major events - but I'd like to at least be consistently competent rather than relying on lucky hits.

I've been lurking at BE forum for a while, but thought I'd be a bit more active and try to take in the advice and experiences of those who have gone before.

So yeah, hi :)

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome aboard.

You can go as high in the shoot sports as you choose to. cool.gif

That's true. It's just a matter of cost/benefit and prioritizing. I think that going from no practice or planning, to some practice and planning, should give me results pretty quick. If I can get my skills and abilities to where I feel that I'm reasonably competent, I can reevaluate whether I want to invest more time to improve even more.

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome - This forum is a great place to learn. For me it was amazing on how shooting a match once a month turned into every match every weekend which turned into planning vactions to include shooting major matches or other locations.