Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cnn

Jarrod

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/04/student....h.ap/index.html

Another tragic murder in a public school. This time it was with a knife however CNN still reported it as a shooting:

Michael Hernandez, 14, signed a statement admitting he killed the boy and the knife used in the attack was found in his backpack, Miami-Dade County police Detective Randy Rossman said Wednesday. Police had obtained a search warrant for the backpack.

I see nothing about a gun in that statement but two paragraphs down:

In the Florida shooting, Hernandez was charged with first-degree murder late Tuesday, police said. A court appearance was set for Wednesday afternoon

I never knew a knife could shoot bullets.

CNN is just the kewlest!!!

I wasted a few minutes today watching. They were gushing all about over the Dem's running for prez. The big climax was an exit poll from the Dem primaries. It seems that over 80% of the voters were displeased with GW's performance.

What a news break!!! Democrats don't like Republicans!!!

I'm sure they are back at their desk's busily writing some more 'fair and balanced' reports even as we speak.

B)B)B)

What a bunch of idiots! It used to be that if you were in the news business, you had integrity. Editors would not let you submit things without proof, without a named source. Now, it seems like CNN is being run by a bunch of 5th graders who don't understand the need to be accurate to the last word. Too bad.

Having worked in a newsroom for the last decade --- and having read my fair share of stories before they were edited and printed, there are two things I wish all reporters would do:

Read their own story from start to finish --- looking for lapses in logic or information, and making sure that when they refer to something reported in earlier in the story, that they use and appropriate word.

Anytime they use dates or numbers, do the math a second time --- because I can guarantee that some of our readers will be doing the math over their morning reading --- and calling 20% of $200, thirty dollars is just plain stupid....

Broadcast video news is not news. It is entertainment. It is no accident Disney owns ABC for example. When TV news was news the broadcast only lasted 15 minutes. News doesn't sell stuff. Entertainment does, and, nothing is as entertaining as scandal. Any one notice how news worthy a boob flash at the Super Bowl half time last Sunday was still today a news flash? :angry:

Dale

Winner of a 1971 Hearst Foundation award for excellence in News Writing

Some scum bag kidnapped a girl down here in FL, I'm sure most of you have heard about it. They caught it on video so it was big news. On the CNN website they make you become a paid subscriber before you can see the video. (as of yesterday) That's really helping get the girl back......Jackasses!!