Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA 3 Gun Nationals HEAVY METAL LIMITED

Split this off another thread to get it in front of YOU all.

Now is the time to sound off!!!! Are you shooting Heavy Metal Limited (Iron) at the USPSA 3 Gun Nationals?

So far only three of the dozen that pledged to show up are........are you?

Thanks kids

Patrick

As I have said before, I am currently entered in Heavy metal limited, and I was not a part of the petition. We need 7 more to be recognized, correct? Could we call USPSA and see how many entries they have for the division? Is it possible that there are 3-gun shooters who don't frequent BE?

As I have said before, I am currently entered in Heavy metal limited, and I was not a part of the petition. We need 7 more to be recognized, correct? Could we call USPSA and see how many entries they have for the division? Is it possible that there are 3-gun shooters who don't frequent BE?

There are a lot who do not come to this forum, and many that only look at it weekly or so.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 USPSA 3 Gun Nationals Statistician

I emailed Kim to try and get the current registration numbers. Might be a little bit before I hear back. HQ is tied up with the Steel Challenge.

Thank you Chuck!

If we don't get enough I will feel compelled to change divisions, just like last year :(

Best

Patrick

I thought that the rules say 10 competitors are required to recognize a division at nationals. I will read them again tonight to refresh my enfeebled mind.

I am trying to get the list of shooters registered so far to set up On-line squadding. As Chuck mentioned, the wrench is the setup for Steel Challenge. However, once I get that, you will be able to see who & how many in each division.

I believe that if we get 5 we will recognize the division (don't quote me - this is from a conversation & I'd prefer to get it is writing).

Will post more as soon as I know something.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 USPSA MG Nationals Statistician

In the handgun rules it states 10 for level III or national (mandatory), I could find nothing in the multigun rules. Do we need to request a ruling on this?

The multigun rules only list variances, and since nothing is mentioned, 6.2.2 and appendix A2 should still be in effect.

In the handgun rules it states 10 for level III or national (mandatory), I could find nothing in the multigun rules. Do we need to request a ruling on this?

I just looked up the same thing

1. Divisions

Level I and Level II A minimum of 5 competitors per Division (recommended)

Level III / Nationals A minimum of 10 competitors per Division

(mandatory)

I only have a few days off to prepare for this AND the 3 Gun Nation match and shooting all Tact Optics would make life easier.

I am not about easier...but I do not feel good competing in Division for a National Title against only 5 guys.

I hope an allowance IS NOT made for this match! It just cheapens the title.

Just how I feel

Patrick

Patrick,

I am not registered for the MG nationals but if there are spots open I would like to be, and would plan on shooting either Heavy Metal Irons or Limited (if i shot limited it would probably be with my pump :roflol: ).

-marc

Patrick,

I am not registered for the MG nationals but if there are spots open I would like to be, and would plan on shooting either Heavy Metal Irons or Limited (if i shot limited it would probably be with my pump :roflol: ).

-marc

Send it in. There is room for you.

From the squad application I count 3 HM limited shooters, and 7 HM tac shooters, and 4 limited shooters. If we can't make a go at hm limited I would prefer limited, but it does not look good for limited even with our entries added. I say unless we get more entries we change up the heavy tac, that way we can be assured that one of the heavy gun divisions gets recognized. (I will still be rocking my Nova and 625 but I will strap on a hunk of glass)

Well, if the Nationals don't wind up with enough participants to recognize HM irons and some of you are still frustrated, come on down to MS in October. There seems to be a pretty good showing in HM irons.

It ain't Vegas, but Tunica is down the road a piece.

Good luck either way.